Delay/Reverb don't work on L + R input when FM tracks are muted

So I’m inputting an external synth into my Digitone and using the Chorus, Delay and Reverb on it via the Master screen. When at least one of the other internal FM synth tracks is unmuted, it works like a charm, but if I start the external synth all with the other tracks muted (i.e. so I can record it onto it’s own track in my DAW) there is no FX on the synth, just the dry signal. If I start with an FM track and then mute that track, the external track retains the delay and reverb, but is there a reason I can’t start with the the external synth including these FX?

1 Like

I’d call it a bug and fill in a support ticket on the elektron website

1 Like

I just stumbled upon this bug exactly the same way (soloing an input track to record an external synth using the Digitone effects). I guess it is the same for you, that the Chorus mysteriously works, while the Reverb and Delay do not?

I figured out the following workaround: The effects on the input channel work as expected, when you “mute” an internal track by turning the track volume to 0 but keep it unmuted (instead of simply muting the track via function + track button). It is sufficient that only one track is unmuted, so you can mute 3 tracks regularly and turn the volume to 0 for the remaining track. Not a perfect solution, yet useable.

Regarding that this post is from 2018, it is unfortunate, that this has not been fixed yet.

Good catch.

Seems like the same underlying issue/feature that the reverb & delay need to be triggered by at least one internal sound to start working.

2 Likes

Yes, seems like to be like this. Yet when you look at the signal chain depicted in the manual, this does not really make sense as internal tracks and external input should be send to the effects in parallel.

maybe they just need the sequencer running/ some timing info ?
try running a blank pattern or something…

i havent had this issue and there seems to be an easy enough work around.
if you filled in a support ticket then maybe it’s on their list.