Depeche Mode - Waiting for the night cover

It’s one of my all-time favourite tracks from DM and it’s now been 33 years so a cover was due, I felt :grin:.

Featuring AKs, OTs and a few other synths. It’s my daughter on vocals and it’s got a bit of twist near the end if you know your DM :wink:.

Always curious to hear what you think :+1:!

Depeche Mode - Waiting for the night 2023 cover

21 Likes

Lovely track, beautiful voice and overall beautifully executed. Nice blend over to In your room as well. How lovely to be able to make music with your daughter, too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Many thanks for your kind words and I agree with you about being able to dabble with music together with one’s child!

1 Like

great choice of track and a lovely version of it, thanks for posting! (making me GAS for an AK tho!)

1 Like

Many thanks :pray:!

This was incredible, and gave me a warm fuzzy feeling as Violator what probably “that” album of my youth. Bought it on cassette as soon as it was released!

1 Like

Many thanks - it was the same for me with Violator (and probably still is)!

Incredible work!!! One of my all time favorite DM songs! Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for making this cover. Very enjoyable. Female vocal including vox harmonies give this track new lease of life. You definitely know what you are doing. Have you considered to remix/remake this track given you have fresh vocal parts? It would be a prefect opportunity to take this song into a new sonic territory.

Oh, and the video is great btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Many thanks! :pray:

1 Like

Many thanks for the kind words! :pray:

I haven’t thought of remix/remake yet but maybe that could be something later on :slightly_smiling_face:.

Outstanding quality of audio production, tastefully done, nothing felt forced. Fine work on the video editing as well (I thought).

3 Likes

:pray:

1 Like

I quite enjoyed your production and synth sounds.

2 Likes

Thanks, happy you liked it!

That must’ve been one of the best things I’ve heard in I don’t know how long. Better than the original, and I love the original. The transition is a stroke of genius, not in the least because In Your Room is an even better song.

I’m a bit in awe of this, actually. Makes me feel small, in a good way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, man - so happy you liked it! I’ve been in awe of your organically perfected tracks (and your usage of THAT Chase Bliss pedal) many times, my friend :pray:!

1 Like

:pray:t2::heart::facepunch:

1 Like

Oh what a fantastic cover!
I can’t even count how many times in my life I said to myself:
‘I’m waiting for the night to fall
When everything is bearable’
like a mantra, if I had a shit day (and there were quite some) since hearing the song in my teens in the early 90’s.
Absolutely love this song and love your cover, it just gave me the same warm and comforting feelings. Great work @dobermate from you and your daughter!
Btw. Violator is also my favourite album from DM.

1 Like

So happy you liked it! :pray: