Devices (like OT, Koala, POs) that let you suddenly completely change the sound with one button mash!

Yep M+ have got perform fx and lock features , so you can change your sound with one finger …:wink:

1 Like

It’s sounds like you might want to take a look at this video for the Digitakt, I think somebody on the forum created/posted here somewhere too. Basically you P-Lock scenes to a step(s) and sequence the Digitakt externally, then when you press the P-Locked step it activates the P-Locks for as long as the step is held down. I think it emerged as a hack when Trig preview was introduced [STEP + YES]

[EDIT] - He actually made two videos on it:

2 Likes

And on the DN , mod wheel, PB, AT, Vel Mod, and breath control all have 4 destinations.

This is huge.

5 Likes

Electribe2/2s can do it with mfx and touchpad.

2 Likes

Akai Force has the crossfader and it has pad scenes.

2 Likes

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned the SP404. It has several ways of instantly effecting the sound. Arguably, the PO effects (at least on the PO samplers) are based off of the SP.

3 Likes

The Animate buttons on Peak and Summit are pretty nice and can be mapped to any modulatable parameter.

1 Like

Nord Lead 4 with the impulse morph buttons and Nords in general with the morph functions…

1 Like

…still love and appreciate ot’s bag of tricks when it it comes to SUDDEN CHANGE…
also a4’s macro performance control options are a killer feature…

also love clavias and lxr’s simple but huuuge morph inbetween functions big time…

but…to be honest…no matter how clever hardware concepts might grow on u, since i can try, on the fly, all the BITs with all the WIGs within fluent total recall but never the less still with heaps of lucky dips and happy accidents still included anyways, whenever i want to, i simply never gonna look back…

1 Like

The Polyend/Dreadbox Medusa’s grid can be used to store snapshots of every parameter of the synth.

1 Like

Same for Maschine :slight_smile:
Snapshots. Which can then be morphed over 2 bars (max) between 2 states.

Edit: Snapshots can store preset states from external HW (once routed through the software) and morphing is also available between different saved states (Snapshots).

3 Likes

So many great options! I’m loving this thread.

Edit: Doug totally sold me on the Circuit Rhythm, especially for the price you can find them used. And Electribe 2s can be found dirt cheap as well.

Is this a Bitwig recommendation? I’m fascinated by this DAW. I think I’ll have to watch some videos on it now. I keep hearing good things and have yet to decide between Ableton and Bitwig. Time for a deeper dive.

Edit: it is obviously a Bitwig recommendation, no need to answer me. :wink:

Any Stop buttons for Silence or fading FXs.

1 Like

Anybody know if Polyend Play or Polyend Tracker allows for multi tracking into a DAW while using performance mode? Or should I be looking at Maschine+ or something else for that?

…yes…totally.

and if ur about to choose a truu next gen daw these days, there’s only ableton OR bitwig…

ableton is the most used daw around the globe…for too many good reasons…

while bitwig is the waaaaay fresher/smarter/straight forward slim lined take on that very same concept…

for less bux and running all three platforms…and because of it’s fresher/younger approach, it runs pretty solid even on outdated cpu’s…their core developer team came from ableton…and since every daw, no matter which one, could profit big time from some basic rewriting of it’s core code after it’s first decade in the market and usually they all fear that step and “better” go for more and more headheavy addon updates instead of new truu integrations…and so did ableton…
which leaded to a “little” breakup and some of their developers took the chance and dare to reinvent and rewrote all the great ableton basics to give birth to the actually smartest and fastest, super complex but dead simple music production software out there to find…bitwig.

and they’re “only” seven years old by now… :wink:

1 Like

i’d hold off on recommending the tracker for this purpose until they fix the pretty glaring bugs with performance mode.

2 Likes

SP404 is probably the quickest and easiest multi effects processor. Maybe Microcosm?

One more: twisted electrons blast beats lets you change a kit with the press of a button while playing, instantly, including all drum sounds and all synth settings in all synth channels, all changing at once, then changing back.

1 Like

Who doesn’t love these sounds!

I have an MFB Synth Pro that can crossfade between filters, in mono or stereo.

The Motas synth is a patch morpher.

The upcoming Nina polysynth is too.

What about A4’s patch morphing with kit changes?