DFAM mind melting thread

Lovey Dovey, hehe - I thought there was plenty dirt there. Nice track, you have the Dirty Trinity coming together nicely there.

1 Like

Perfect Circuit is backordered with Moog still and Iā€™m gnawing my arm off until, maybe June. IDK.

Youā€™ll need that arm for knob twiddling.

2 Likes

Still just a jam but with a little bit more structure (a Lyra-8 intro and some haunting textures) and bassline (Behringer Model D). Not sure if I like the crazier original version more though.

8 Likes

Banging

1 Like

I donā€™t know where these keep coming from, but Iā€™m having a right laugh with this setup.

15 Likes

Like you said earlier, sometimes we just happen to be there when these tracks happen. I sure as hell would never dream of ā€™writingā€™ tracks like the ones Iā€™ve put together with DFAM.

Another great one, @Fin25! Awesome work with the Lyra, in particular!

1 Like

Very nice. My favourite so far. Remind me again whatā€™s in your setup here? Was this all a single jam or some editing?

Edit: ah bollocks. Iā€™ve listened again and now my Lyra GAS is through the roof

1 Like

Setup is DFAM, Lyra 8, Erica Bassline and Digitakt. The Lyra 8 is running direct through a Polara reverb pedal and the Erica Bassline is going through the Quadraverb on an FX send. Everything is then going through the Analog Heat on the Master buss.
All recorded live directly into my little Zoom H4n pro, then uploaded straight to SoundCloud.
The whole thing took about an hour and a half to go from turning everything on to the final recorded take here. I think I recorded 4 takes in all and this was by far the best one.

What amazes me about the Lyra is how easy it is to get fucking massive sounds out of it. Despite how complex it all seems at first itā€™s actually incredibly playable and immediate, as long as you accept that Lyra knows better than you and donā€™t try too hard to control things.

6 Likes

Cheers. What are you using the digitakt for? Drums/perc?

Master clock and just a bit of percussion.

Something completely differentā€¦

6 Likes

More video horrors.

8 Likes

Unsettling! Good dark sci-fi movie score material

2 Likes

Seriously considering buying another DFAM. Am I nuts?

2 Likes

Solid. Took me a while to get into it, but the second half was a definite, yep- Banger

1 Like

Tidy. nice interlude from the banging.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s why I cut the first 30 seconds off for the video version, too much faffing about at the start.

No

1 Like

So I often turn my kit on and just set it droning randomly while Iā€™m working, as our office is my studio. Today, DFAM, Lyra and Erica decided theyā€™d like to know what itā€™s like to be in an Autechre record and started their own journey into AE land. I have no idea what is going on here, I didnā€™t really set anything up consciously, most of this is just the three of them interacting with each other and themselves. I literally turned 4 knobs a few times, flicked a switch once and pulled out one patch cable halfway through.

It comes to something when your gear makes better tunes without youā€¦

12 Likes