DFAM mind melting thread

I miss my DFAM! Sold it because I’m an idiot with money.

17 Likes

Right on.
I love space in music. So yeah, I find lyra provides the noise, then DFAM weirdly provides the space by virtue of its dynamics. Again, my tastes, my use.

Love this thread for keeping it real.

3 Likes

Fuckin’ a

This is a quite interesting use of the DFAM :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! There’s a Korg SQ feeding it and of course some delays and stuff on top (from Studio One), but other than that it’s just a one track live recording.

2 Likes

Come on you C*@#ts let’s have some DFAM acid!

10 Likes

Sterling work there sir. Dont tell anyone, but moog synthesizers are really good for acid. They have that boingy rubbery thing that just acids really well.

3 Likes

You guys must admit that you are Moog’s undercover agents. It’s not fair and nasty. I won’t resist any longer to get a DFAM … Thanks ? ^^

5 Likes

I was never really a massive fan of the Moog sound, always felt it was a bit overhyped and overpriced. I am happy to admit that the DFAM has proven me wrong, it makes some absolutely awesome noises.

5 Likes

Aye. It stands out from other Moogs that I have owned and heard. None of them can DFAM at all. Not even close.

3 Likes

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/fs-eu-moog-dfam-480-eur/124080?u=fin25

3 Likes

Now I’m screwed ! You’re evil :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Recorded live, one take. Not sure about the ending… but thems the breaks.

12 Likes

I really like how that best shuffles around. It feels really loose, in a good way.
I like the ending.

2 Likes

Thank you. I sampled the DFAM trig out, and feed that sample back into the Adv clock in from the OT.
I did try smashing everything into the OT compressor, but I prefer the way everything interacts through the saturated mixer, and I dunno, the two intstruments just sound so good through their own mixer channels (My mixer has way better eqs on it than OT)

2 Likes

So I uh don’t know why I never thought about trig conditions on a thru machines neighbor. But try out some filter conditions. Like 41% chance to be no sound because the filter is so low. Really spices things up!

I dunno I think the OT and the DFAM are like this epic pair…

3 Likes

Ok fine. I sampled the DFAMs and did some weird stuff.

Here is the result with a DN and a single cycle waveform carried by the blackbox for the boombaps:

Weirdness for weird times

Also pretty much in love with stacking comb filters with neighbor machines…

6 Likes

You’re right, I couldnt recognise any DFAM sound at all!

1 Like

The last 2-3 seconds is DFAM and some live recorded filter trickery + 3 comb filters. DFAM is a great source of sound to sculpt/mangle. Have 3 stacked neighbor tracks on that sound from the DFAM

I started laughing when I couldn’t recognize the origin anymore :rofl:

2 Likes