Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

I don’t know if it has been reported before, but I can’t audition the sounds that I have saved. While on the sound browser menu and on the import sound menu as well…
When I load them it works as it should. But it’s a problem not being able to hear what sound I load. ( auditioning the stock sounds works as expected)

I am having the same problem

1 Like

When u wanna erase some trigs of a certain track or multiples while in real-time recording by holding no+the trig key(s) as explain in manual it works but DT’s real time recorder considers your track selection press of track while holding no as a recorded trig. So u erased the unwanted trigs in real time but u got a new unexpected one :frowning:
Holdin no should have same action as TRK, that don’t trig the selected track

This is likely in this thread already but when I use func+yes to hot swap sounds from the plus drive, eventually the sounds I’m auditioning will just stop playing. This happened a few times to me yesterday after auditioning quite a few samples, and the only way to fix it was to reboot.

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally switch to a midi track during the proces? Just to be sure :slight_smile:

Have you tried TRK+No+trig?
It is indeed strange and probably not how it should work.

Pretty sure I didn’t switch as I was basically only hitting down+yes repeatedly at the time

Yep. I tried several combinations. And letting the loop pass a second time (no+trig still holded) to erase the new one don’t work either. Can’t hear it while erasing but still here.

constant freezing when i let it play now, 4 to 5 minutes in and i need to reboot for everything to work again. im using midi only at the moment. at least changes are still there when it comes back. my unit also got stuck on book this last time until i reset.

1 Like

I sold mine again.
Got me a MD UW
This is a machine I know what to expect from and from my experiences in the past it is stable.
I am disappointed on how elektron is not informing customers about progress of development for the DT.
I sold mine as long as the prices for used machines are still high.
Lesson learned, I won’t buy a brand new elektron machine again but will wait until the machine seems stable and reliable,

1 Like

Oh good to know. Had switched on rerouting in my Interface. Thanks.

2 Likes

Haha, you were totally right. Thank god for forums :innocent:

2 Likes

It’s been too long since 1.04… Im quite tired of my freezes, and the endless waiting to tell you the truth.

1 Like

Mine one month old Digitakt freezes when controlling external hardware with MIDI. It happens a lot! I am quite disappointed. Do the shops take it back even after the return window has passed?

1 Like

Did you update the firmware?

1 Like

Does anyone know if the same team at elektron that is working on the os/bug fixes on digitakt is also doing the os/bug fixes on octatrack mk2? Was kinda hoping we would see some new patches soon but now it sounds like they might have all hands on deck with a buggy mk2 now. :confused: hope they have separate teams for this stuff.

You can read the names of the developers in the manuals for each machine. You will find the lists of names to be very similar.

Sure it’s been mentioned but yes it freezes when sequencing external gear, just a Blofeld in Multi mode I can get about 5-6 midi tracks going before the Digitakt becomes unresponsive but the sequence will keep playing until the unit is shut off and on again.
Usually I will have record on the Digitakt going as well when it freezes the most.

1 Like

My Digitakt (running OS 1.04) freezes during general use—with no MIDI or USB connected. There is no one specific thing that makes it freeze. After I shut it down via the switch, it sometimes will not power back up for several minutes.

Is this a known issue, or anyone else having this? I see a lot about freezing/crashing here (and in the 1.03 thread), but I didn’t see a mention of problems related to it not powering back up.

I’ve had it for over a month now. It’s always had occasional freezes, but it just started to have the power issue. It was on for about 30 minutes in a well ventilated room… if that helps. I do have a ticket open with Elektron, but I haven’t had a response or automated email notifying me that I opened a support ticket. Unfortunately, this is my first post to the forum here :frowning:

2 Likes

It took longer than 30 secs before it would come back on. Anyone know how to read the error codes on crash, or are those only of value to the engineers at Elektron?