Digitakt ---> ADAT 8 outs (no computer)

My goal is to bypass computer/Overbridge and send the Digitakt USB out to an ADAT interface (optical cable in), so to have 8 analog out.
Now, I found some different USB to optical adapters, but there’s no way to have them working.
What is the right way to reach the goal?

2 Likes

Not possible. You would need an Overbridge compatible USB device. If at all you could have stereo out via USB class compliant audio but I am not aware of a USB host audio interface.

I am hoping for something like that as well, an Elektron Overbridge Mixer.

1 Like

Yeah, it couldn’t be that easy …

I keep hoping for some ingenious DIY nerd solution

1 Like

raspberry linuxbox overwitch+jack or something like that

4 Likes

:rofl:

iz real

8 Likes

From what I can understand, the Rapsberry will run the overbridge app, and then? I still need an audio interface with optical out, right?

Hmm oddly enough I was looking for something similar for my MPC One to send ADAT out MOTU 828es came across this:

USBStreamer B

3 Likes

GENIUS!!
You are awesome, that’s exactly what I had in mind!

Now: will it work with overbridge? What I see is the same USB plug that the Digitakt has: generally a cable has a square usb on one side and a flat one on the other.
We need an expert here

I am not your expert but the idea is really cool.
Even if you need the pi + the adat converter it would be cool to get ob to analog outs, on the digi’s

1 Like

“Awesome” your too kind lol.

That is the question. 8 outs of a digital would be really nice and the satisfaction of pulling it off, but seems like it will be a lot of work. Since you’re not using a computer where does the adat to analog out connect to ?

:exploding_head:

I’m totally fine with adat connection: the optical out is ok

The point is to connect a device (Digitakt) in another device (magic box): they have the same USB type-b connection.

I guess there is something wrong with it, we need a type-a connection somewhere (host)

1 Like

you will have to have the overwitch in between to get all 8 ch

I suppose it depends on your intended purpose for the 8 outs with no computer but I would worry a bit about latency in a live rig… I suppose there are always ways around it if you find that the 8 outputs cause too much lag.

:flushed:

Didn’t really see that before, interesting…