Digitakt and behringer pro 1

Hi

Has anyone had success sequencing the pro1 with their digitakt.
I can sequence other synths with the digi no problem. Yet when I send midi to the pro 1 it doesn’t receive the signal. I have Checked the midi channels are the same.

I understand the digi is working fine with my other synths but has anyone had success sequencing the pro 1. Am I missing anything here ? Does a computer have to be incorporated perhaps?

Thanks

Hello Dome,

I have no issue with Digitakt and Pro1, using USB rather than standard midi though.

Can the Pro1 receive midi and play with anything else?
Things to check:
Midi channels of Digi/Pro1
Where in the scale are you? Too high or too low you might not be in playing range of the Pro1.
Is the Pro1 up to date firmware wise? It shouldn’t impact but you never know…

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for the reply . I have now found that I can get the pro 1 to play from ableton midi via usb.

I am really unsure how I can sequence the pro1 from the digi. Will I have to go via ableton? Ideally I didn’t want to have the laptop in the set up.
I wanted midi from digi direct into the pro1. Do you know if this is possible ?

Thanks for your advice

Well then it’s Digitakt Midi Out to Pro1 midi via midi cable, then on the Digitakt select any track between 9 to 16, once on the track configure the same midi output of the track to the channel the Pro1 worked with Ableton, add some trigs and it should work :smiley:

1 Like

When I do that the pro1 receives no midi signal unfortunately :frowning:

I’m sequencing a Pro-1 with a DT without issue so it’s absolutely possible (no idea why it wouldn’t be).

Tough to troubleshoot your setup without seeing it, but if I was there with hands on the synth, my first check would be to make sure that midi is going from Out on the DT, to In on the P1. Then I would set Seq and Arp to OFF, and in the MODE section, set it to Mono>Retrig>Normal>Off (switches left to right). I’d open the filter up all the way and set the amp so attack is 0 and sustain is full, then send it some quarter notes. Are you seeing the Gate indicator flashing when the synth receives a trigger?

1 Like

And I would also make sure that one of DT‘s 8 MIDI tracks is active (Function and push A).

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the reply

So the gate indicator is not triggering at all when I play notes on the digi.
I have another synth that triggers no problem form the digi.
When I disconnect that synth and run the same midi cable into the in on the pro1 keeping the same midi chan1 nothing happens.

It’s like there is some setting in the pro1 to only allow it to receive midi via usb (not sure if that is possible)

Hmm, there are dip-switches on the back that you might need to adjust. I don’t remember touching them to be honest (I think I did it in the synthtool app), but it might be worth looking at to see if you have a conflict

1 Like

Yeah I checked that still no luck . Doh

Is the repeat/ext toggle set to normal ?
Run the synthtribe app to check if you’re on 1.01

Fwiw it should work fine without using usb

Yeah I updated it on 1.3.1 repeat ext on normal.

I’m stumped

Have you tried it on a different midi channel? Not sure if it would help, but worth a shot to see if there’s an issue with the Pro-1 receiving on ch.1

Yeah unfortunately i have and didn’t work :frowning:

Going to have to speak to Behringer I think.
Digi spits out midi to everything else no issue

You tried to send 5pin midi from another device like a keyboard or from ableton via 5 pin midi? Also might suggest using a different midi cable.

If neither of those things do the trick then yeah, contact behri.

I think there must be a setting in the digi that the pro one does not like . Not sure what it could be . I have been through everything I can think of

You’re using midi in on the front panel right?

You can also set the MIDI channel for the Pro-1 in the Behringer Software. I made my settings there and totally ignored the dip-switches.
Just in case try sending on all channels from DT, one after the other.
Not sure and away from my studio right now but maybe there is a setting in the Behringer Software for only USB, only DIN and both?

Thanks for the reply’s

I am using the midi on on the front of the pro1.
I have been through the pro1 software , seems pretty basic unless I’m missing somthing . I have tried all channels and nothing.

Can anyone think of a setting on the digi I might be missing ?

Check the settings on DT under MIDI -> Channels if let’s say for instance the channel for DT’s MIDI-track 1 is in line with the channel of your Pro-1 and make sure when you activate DT’s MIDI-track 1 (by pushing trig 9) that you also dial in the according MIDI-channel.
Otherwise I am running out of ideas.