Digitakt and Overbridge

Sorry I only tryed with analog input -> USB overbridge.
If you want to use USB in - USB out, be sure you installed overbridge and choose Digitakt as soundcard in windows or your software to play sound.
If you just use a DAW, you can use the Digitakt plugin to get the Digitakt sound via USB and play on your main soundcard.
But, it seem using USB audio input don’t go thru compressor.
Some use case:
You want a digital compressor for your DAW -> use a free plugin with sidechain
You want a digital compressor for any gear -> use the audio in of the digitakt (you can use the alt output of your soundcard and come back in, but I don’t see any advantage over just using a plugin)
You want to use a softsynth with the digitakt -> use a VST host (VSTHost) and set output soundcard to Digitakt. Then sample into Digitakt from USB to use the compressor or use as is and record into your daw choosing Input L/R.
In post process you can still use a sidechain plugin compressor taking your kick track as source and compressing your synth track

Hope this can help!

1 Like

The only option I can think of might be If your audio interface has multiple outputs and flexible routing options, then you can connect it to the 1/4” L/R inputs on the DT, and process the audio that way. You’d have to mute all of the DT’s internal tracks in the Audio Routing section of the main menu, and record the main out signal via Overbridge. You will have a good bit of latency to deal with for sure though.

I am a bit curious as to why you’d prefer to use the DT’s compressor over one native to Ableton?

1 Like