Digitakt and Overbridge

Hello to all

I know well the elektron machines but I have a problem with my digitakt and overbridge.

I try to use my digitakt simply connected in USB to Ableton,
I send synths to the digitakt from Ableton, my goal is to compress them in the master effect of the DT, according to a track chosen as a compression source in the DT.

Is it possible to recover the compressed synth without the compression source track chosen in the DT’s Master FX?

Someone to help ?

Welcome @Alice.
I’d like to help, but I don’t understand the question. Could you elaborate ?

The master compressor is for every tracks on the DT. The 100% wet signal is given when you set the mix parameter to 127. The Track you can choose in the compressor page (SCS) is for side chain. Basically it trigger the compressor everytime the track trigger. You can filter the signal being compressed with the SCF.

Not sure I understood the question.

this “person” wants to send audio over usb via ableton, run it “through” the digitakt compressor, and then bring the source audio back to ableton compressed, using overbridge.

I don’t think that is possible. someone prove me incorrect, I would like to know also even if this post is fugazi.

It seems to me to be a simple task, no?
The thing I thought was the most complicated was to extract the compressed signal without the track used as a compression source.
But apparently I couldn’t even send the sound to the digitakt, apply effects to it and re-record it in ableton?
Is this a “joke” ?

If the OP only want to use the Digitakt as a compressor, yeah it’s possible. The compressor works on audio input so just run a sample to USB in and capture Main Out and it’s done.

Hello and thank you,

I want to apply a digitakt compression effect on an ableton synth, without recording (directly in L/R input).
I want the modified signal to go back directly to ableton.

With the Analog four we can do that.

Also: I want to use a compression source (one can choose in the digitakt a track source for the compression trigger) but not hear this compression source on the compressed master track.
Is this possible or when I choose a source to trigger the compression, this source will always be audible?
It would be convenient to be able to compress a track with another one triggering the compressor, and to be able to listen only to the compressed track without the other one.

3 Likes

It’s what I want to do BUT : I want when I use the kick track as a compressor source trigger, to not listen to the Kick track… And to only receive the compressed track in ableton.

1 Like

One thing you can try :
In Setting/Audio Routing, remove your kick track from ROUTE TO MAIN (the track button will be red)
Then try to record the main output, it may work

Edit: yep it work.

3 Likes

And the sound is still compressed by the kick ?

yes

1 Like

Nice that’s a cool feature.
Thank you for your help guys.
Have a good day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t quite see the connection. So I won’t be able to do what I want to do ?
To compress a signal from ableton and to send it back when compressed ?

you want to stream audio to the digitakt, over usb, compress and retrieve in ableton, correct?

If he says he has tested and it works, I must be wrong. I thought it to be a hardware limitation making it not possible.

Ok thank you anyway !

1 Like

I assume this is now working but I’m confused why you don’t just setup ableton with any built in compressors and turn off the digitakt.

1 Like

Not working, I cannot send sound to the DT via usb, the DT is on overbridge mode.
Do I need to make the Digitakt as the main ableton output ?

Actually my main output is my soundcard…

I dont know how to use those. And I like to try things, to move on then if it’s not good. And I like the idea to have the DT able to do that.
As I did with analog four filters.