Digitakt and tr6s midi help

Hey I was wondering how I’m able to control my tr6s with digitakt? I just plugged them together with midi and when I hit play on my digitakt it starts the tr6s and I can hear everything. I can adjust the tempo from the digitakt and it changes the tempo on the tr6s. What I can’t get to work is how to program the tr6s drums from my digitakt. I go to track 9 on the digitakt and activate midi channel 1 but when I hit the trigger I don’t hear the tr6s. I’ve tested other midi channels but none seem to work. I tried changing some midi settings on the tr6s and can’t figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!

The way MIDI in works on the TR-6S is that each of the six tracks is triggered by a specific MIDI note. You can change that note for each track in the general MIDI settings. What you have on the Digitakt track that is sending on the MIDI channel that the TR-6S is listening to has to use those specific notes.

1 Like

Do you know which settings I should change on the tr6s? I’ve tried doing it but can’t get my digitakt to trigger the tr6s. Should I be using midi channel 1 on the digitakt?

i have pattern channel, and kit channel set to the same number. it through me off that i had to to set the channel number to trigger individual hits on the '6s from the 'takt
(in my case I am using channel 2
'6s TempoSync = int (i am just triggering hits off the 'takt, not playing parts on the '6s
Sync Out = off (nothing plugged into the midi out of my '6s anyway
RxStartStop = off (again just triggering hits not playing patterns)
Device ID = 17 (i dunno what this is/does, it was the default and seem to work)
Omni mode = off (same)
Pattern Ch = 2
Kit CH = 2
Inst Notes > (Oh hey this looks like where you can change the notes to trigger the hits!)
everything else in midi i am pretty sure is default on my '6s

default '6s hit notes are: (you are going to set these on the 'Takt midi channels)
BD = 36
SD = 38
LT = 43
HC = 39
CH = 42
OH = 46

and once you get that going, don’t skimp out on setting up CC’s to p-lock
for example

BD
tune cc=20
decay cc=23
level cc=24

hope that helped, if any. Sometimes i don’t really understand what is being asked, so maybe it’s no help at all

1 Like

I don’t get this part because I can only set my channel on the digitakt from 1-16

Edit: never mind I got it to work! Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

Ok! on the digitakt MIDI channels (tacks 9 - 16) on the TRIG page, encoder A will change your note number :slight_smile: (36 = C 3, 38 = D 3, etc, etc)

1 Like

Cheers!!! enjoy, it’s a great combo!

1 Like