Digitakt back up for factory reset

Hey guys,

I just bought a month ago a used Digitakt and realized after recording and playing around with it that the person which has owned the Digitakt earlier deleted all the factory sounds in the sound pool.
So I’d like to safe all my patterns and recorded / downloaded samples on my computer and want to do a factory reset.
I was wondering if there is a quick and “easy” way with OB?
I read many older threads about it but I’m not sure if OB 2.0 and OS 1.3 maybe changed anything to it to make it smoother?
Thanks for your help!

You probably want to use Transfer not OB for backups. Have a look on the Elektron.se site.

yeah sorry I meant transfer and I already looked it up, but I can’t find a step by step tutorial on there website…

How do you delete the factory content? I thought this was locked into some rom chip?

I just means the „sounds“ not the factory samples. And unfortunately I don’t know, like I said the sound pool were empty as I got my digitakt. :confused:

Sound pool starts empty, it needs to be populated from the Sound banks which from factory are in Bank A and about 64 in number if my memory is correct. I didn’t find them very useful for my style but they are good for understanding some parameter applications.

P9 of the Transfer manual has this bit:

With a tip at the bottom to look at the DT manual. For getting factory content back on the machine, I think you’ll need to register your machine via the serial number on Elektron.se and then re-download it. I would also contact support if you’re unsure about what needs to be done or what content should be standard on a new DT.

thank you! I’ll try to figure it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries. BTW, I registered my Digitakt yesterday and there is no factory content in the downloads section, so I guess it will reappear when doing a factory reset. But triple check that you’re fully backed up and that you can easily reload projects and samples etc before doing that just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe the DT comes with 64 factory sounds but they can be deleted.
Factory samples cannot.