Digitakt completely shut down

I’ve had my digitakt for around two years and I started playing live gigs around a year ago, today I went to turn it on as usual but it just wouldn’t boot up, blank screen, no sound at all. I tried to plug and unplug it a bunch of times, switching sockets and all the usual stuff that gets it fixed, but no luck. I also tried a new power supply but it doesn’t help at all. Is there anything else I can try or is it just broken? I have a ton of projects saved in it and I’m worried about losing them.

Sounds like it might need to have a visit to Elektron - if it were a problem with the drive (i.e. your data) then I think it would still do some kind of booting/power cycling and would give you an error, so hopefully your data is safe.

For it to not start up at all provides some indication of things that it’s not, but leaves a lot of room for what it could be - but all those things would need to be sorted by Elektron I think… given that you tried an alternative power supply.

1 Like

Thank you.
My main concern is that the projects are safe, do they usually factory reset when you send something in for repair?

I’m not sure I’m afraid - I suspect that would be specific to the issue, but if you share you concern with Elektron I’m sure they can work with your needs.

I had the same thing happen to me before a gig. Fortunately it turned on again after 20 minutes. Hopefully yours will too. Good luck!

1 Like