Digitakt controlling Behringer td-3

So I’m trying to set my digitakt up as a controller for the td3 and have been through plenty of forums but still can’t seem to find the right answer. I have an arturia keystep and behringer neutron setup through my midi channels and yet I still have no luck when it comes to setting up the td3. I’ve used the synthtool to setup the channel, changed the td3 to internal and cleared the pattern I would be using but I get no response from the td3. Is there a tutorial somewhere to help me resolve this issue. Thank you. :slight_smile:

what do you mean by control?

I think that the TD3 doesn’t accept CC
only note on & off, start stop etc

What are all your midi settings in both DT en TD3?
Who is your master in the chain etc?

1 Like

I’ve had it running from digitakt.
Ensure transport send is on , sync is on

Although it depends how you want to use it … either playing a sequence in sync or with the digitakt doing the note triggering too

How do you have everything connected?

I think you need to set the pattern mode to “write” on the td3 and then press the “pitch mode” button to allow midi notes to be received?
Something like that anyway, essentially the td3 needs to be in a particular mode to receive midi but I can’t remember which :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The TD-3 only needs to be listening on the channel you’re sending to receive MIDI (notes). If you want it to listen to play/stop then the sequencer on the TD-3 needs to be set to MIDI and not INT. To change this press Back+Write/Next and then 2 (D) to set to MIDI. Then it will start and stop when it receives the transport commands.

If you want to sequence the TD-3 externally you need to set it back to INT and use a blank sequence.

Write/Play modes on the pattern don’t matter in this setup.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if there is a way for the Digitakt to trigger the pitch transpose function on the TD-3? So there would be an internal sequence running on the TD-3’s sequencer, and then the Digitakt’s sequencer could somehow send a MIDI command to transpose the TD-3’s internal sequence? Like say you had the TD-3s sequencer playing a bunch of C notes, and then the Digitakt sends some MIDI command/note and causes the TD-3 to transpose its sequence to be a bunch of G notes. So far I have not found a way, so I don’t think this is possible, but it would be so awesome.

1 Like

Nice video of the setup: https://youtu.be/8sLJxYk38CE

Did you ever work out if this was possible?

Perhaps send pitch bend ?
….just an idea but perhaps you’ll get a better answer.

Hi.
Behringer has implemented almost nothing for Midi in TD-3.
I would advise to write a sequence/notes on digitakt - 16 steps on TD-3 vs 64 on Digitakt. I guess I do not need to explain pros of digitakt sequencer :slight_smile:
Unfortunately for cutoff and other knobs we cannot do anything.
If you need more you have to invest in Roland TB-03. I have both machines and I’m happy with all of them. To be honest in live situation I’m not using knobs automation at all :slight_smile:
Not sure if this help you but at least you will now on what functionality you can count with Beh.
Cheers