Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

I’ve tried my ripchord on 3 different batteries and have had little luck. I purposely got 2 of these https://aluratek.com/20000-mah-portable-battery-charger-with-qualcomm-quick-charge-3
Which Output - 5V/2.4A and QC 3.0 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A

Takt worked on it for an hour or so and now wont boot when powered by it. I tied my Digitone and it started acting weird even when connect back to the OEM power. Freaked me out, so I stopped.

Is the ripchord just no good?

1 Like

Hi, Do you guys think of this one will work fine with DT and 5 guitar padals?

This one is 1 mega what that means?

Or buy two powerbank with two Birdcord adapter, 5v to 12v​ ​for DT​ and 5v to 9v for 5 guitar padals​
Thanks​ in advance.

Hi all, reporting back how things went with this, too. After testing three different powerbanks (Xiaomi, Anker and Poweradd 20000mah ones) and getting two Ripcords and assistance from the MyVolts guy it won’t work. The cords itself work for example to power up Push 2 but for Digitakt they do not deliver enough juice. The modern powerbanks do not work at all as they do not feed power constantly for digitakt. Poweradd works a bit better but not enough (by measuring how long it takes until the startup animation freezes).

I don’t know if there are any better cables with some other manufacturer or do we need to abandon the idea of portable digitakt? Perhaps that Birdcord mentioned with the adapter.

@armas I know of this cord Birdcord USB to 12V Converter Cable – Songbird FX
Don’t know if it works better.

I’m thinking to get this one too, I have spoke with Birdcord guy, he said any powerbank with a maximum output 2.1A or higher will work fine.

Hi all, reporting back after some test I made together with MyVolt. I finally managed to get my Digitakt powered but it do require the following:

2x ripcords 12V, 1x Ripcord current combiner, 2x powerbanks (I used Anker and Poweradd 20kmah ones).

In the process I ordered Birdcord so will test that when it arrives if it will work with only one bank and cord too.

1 Like

I’m sorry everyone is having such trouble with RipCords. While the MyVolts customer service has been really good, I don’t consider their product capable of consistently powering the Digitakt. Chances are, if you’re in doubt as to whether it’s your power bank or your RipCord that isn’t working, it’s probably your RipCord. Out of three sent to me, only one works. And I wouldn’t dream of using two RipCords, it’s too complicated a workaround for something that is advertised to work as-is.

However the BirdCord works perfectly straight away. No fuss. Excellent customer service, great product. Buybuybuy.

I bought ripcord months ago for my DIGi and haven’t tried it yet. In case if it doesn’t work for it I’ll claim to MyVolts to get replacement. Wow I’m surprised that there is a problem as MyVolts described their products as being tested on particular devices for which they were designed for and tests were extensive and gave positive results.

Oh no! It’s easier to plug it and not to be afraid to fry the unit…

Little update - I have noticed, after a few weeks, that very rarely, I get a freeze with the Birdcord. I think it’s to do with the order that I plug it into my powerbank, then Digitakt, or something like that? @Claid, I’m guessing you’ve not noticed anything yet?
After a power down it does work perfectly though, which is much further than the myVolts gets you!

I can’t say I have noticed this yet, do you think it might be to do with how much juice is in the bank, or does it happen regardless of this?

No, no pattern at the moment!

hey, I bought it, incredible it works perfect … from the bed to the sofa without cables hehehehe

1 Like

Hi guys,
I’m fear of damaging my digitakt and since I’m not familiar with so I’m asking instead of trying: Would this type Anker battery work with a USB C (60W) or USB (18 W) connector cable?
Which type of USB would be better to use?

It works with both USB-C and USB. In this particular case USB-C port can deliver much more power than plain USB: 60W vs 18W.

It depends on your application.

how do you mean it depends on my application? I would be sampling and jamming around in the parks if you mean that?

1 Like

This battery supports up to 60W, which is probably 20V, 3A for the USB-C port.
If you look at the Power Delivery specs: USB hardware - Wikipedia
You will see that is profile 4 of the USB PD 1.0 specification. This means the battery can most likely output 12V at a maximum of 3A, or 36W. At 5V the maximum is always 2A (10W).
The USB-A connectors on this battery share a maximum of 18W (12V, 1.5A) power, so you could use one to power another device. A converter cable for USB-C is probably a lot easier to find though.
Here’s one: Amazon.com

1 Like

I bought the Birdcord and a Anker Powercore 13000 and they works perfectly with my Digitakt and Digitone.

Birdcord is a good option and you can use with different powerbank. Generally speaking, every powerbank with an output current of 2.1A or higher is good.
The mAh-rating tells you how much electric charge the battery can hold. The higher the rating, the longer it gives you power. A 10000mAh powerbank will power the Digitakt for roughly 4 hours.

Don’t forget the 2.5mm Adapter.

Hope that this could help!

7 Likes

Has anyone tryed “WITRN PDC002” cable from aliexpress for QC (3.0) powerbanks? . p.s. programmable cable for QC charger/powerbanks with trigger/eMarker. I ordered one, but it’s still on the way.