Digitakt + Keystep + Pocket Operator -- is it possible?

Hi all,

So I was thinking I wanted to try controlling my PO with my Keystep, which I got working following this tutorial: Easily Add a Pocket Operator to your Setup with Arturia Keystep! - YouTube

Then, I wanted to send signal to my Digitakt from the Keystep that is controlling to PO to use it with one of the midi channel on the DT.

Let me know if it’s possible and what the method would be. Thank you all so much! So thankful for this community.

1 Like

You can send clock to a PO but not midi data. So you can control everything with the keystep but you can’t sequence the PO from the DT. In that video when he plugs in the Model d, that’s where you would have your DT.

Right, but I couldn’t figure how to set that part up with the DT

1 Like

Ok so you have the midi out from the keystep to midi in tho DT. Now in your project settings go to midi config and just check all the boxes.

Under Ports make sure Receive notes is checked.

Channels can be left as the default 1-8.

To switch midi channels on the keystep you push shift + the corresponding key with the channel number above it.

Lastly there’s the auto auto channel on the DT which is by default channel 10. What’s cool about that is whatever channel is selected on the DT your keystep will play it.

Hope that helps!

Hmmm… I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

It seems like the Digitakt is receiving some notes and timing from the Keystep but I can’t hear anything playback at all, I can only hear it through the PO’s tiny speaker. Even if I record on the DT I still can’t hear anything thru there.

What should my sync settings look like? Wondering if I did something wrong there…

Okay wait, so I think I should be hearing sound out of my PO, not the DT. But yeah anyway, I can’t play anything with the KS nor control anything with the DT but it seems like I can mess with the rate via the KS.

You will need to route the audio of your PO into the audio-in jacks on the DT to be able to hear it in the mix of you DT

1 Like

Okay so I did this but it seems like it’s only playing one pattern instead of the sequence I made on the PO?

Pattern change is a midi thing so you will need to change your patterns on the PO manually I think.

Have you thought of recording your PO patterns into the Digitakt? Like use the PO as a sketch pad then remix in the DT. Might be a fun workflow