Digitakt loses sync with Deluge

Hey there! I have a problem syncing Digitakt to Synthstrom Deluge (Deluge - master, Digitakt - slave). It’s easier to describe it in steps. I press play on Deluge and Digitakt automatically starts its own sequence. Then one of these things happens:
a) Digitakt gets out of sync (sometimes fast sometimes slow). Its BPM starts jittering around a little.
b) Digitakt automatically pauses itself (mostly after going out of sync)
c) Digitakt plays fine for a seemingly random amount of time (might even take a few minutes) and then scenarios a) or b) happen.

It’s strange because it doesn’t occur with all Deluge projects. With most projects sync is steady and totally fine. But there are a few with this problem. I tried turning of many Digitakt sync and midi features that i didn’t need like controlling it’s midi channels or program chng etc. I basically left Clock receive and Transport receive turned on and that’s it.

Deluge midi out is connected to the midi thru box which splits the signal between the digitakt and two other synths. I have no idea what might be the problem. It’s unlikely that it’s a falty cable because i believe i tried different ones + it would not explain why the problem occurs only with some Deluge projects. It also doesn’t seem to me that Deluge CPU is up it’s limit because the projects are quite light. Just one drum sample kit and a few midi tracks to send to synths.
All other gear (minilogue xd and hydrasynth dsktp) recieves clock and midi perfectly fine.

What might be the issue? Did anyone encountered similar problem? How do i fix it?
Thank you in advance.

Are you using a passive midi thru box (for example from MIDI Solutions)? Deluge does not provide enough power to keep those stable.

1 Like

Wow. Yes, I do… I doubted that the problem is with midi thru box, cause everything else works perfectly fine through it. Thanks for the tip. I try to power the thru box or test without it. Hope it fixes the problem! But it sill doesn’t explain to me why it only fails during some projects but note all of them.