Digitakt Love

Hi Gang! I’m new to the forum and a baby to the Digitakt. I’m loving it so far. Just now digging into the factory samples and sounds and figuring out the work flow. I’ve quickly realized that this is going to be a love affair for many years to come. I want to start creating my own samples but alas I don’t have a computer or a DAW so I’ll be using (hopefully) my iPhone. I have a USB adapter that I use on the OP1, but I don’t think the Digitakt can work this way? Any help for a cave man such as myself would be greatly appreciative!

Side note. This forum is unbelievably helpful!

Cheers

5 Likes

With all the features of the digitakt you can do a lot with all the onboard samples alone!

For this track I just used most of the 8 standard sounds, with one track having a single-cycle saw-waveform from the onboard library. An arturia microfreak provides one extra synth-part, routed through the digitakt fx; but all was recorded in one take.

The digitakt is a wonderfull box! Have fun!

1 Like

Yeah Digitakt is wonderful :blush:
Yeap should work. Go to settings, system USB config and set it to USB audio/midi. You should be able to sample things from YouTube and whatnot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks davemech! I’ve been digging your YouTube videos. I watched a ton before my box got here and they were so helpful. TBN, nice track! I’m planning on spending time learning the DT in and out and hopefully one day I can contribute to the cause. Thanks friends

1 Like

Hmm, for me it’s an occasional one-night stand.

I have a Tecsun R9012 shortwave radio that I sample directly into the Digitakt, that provides a lifetime of random creative sample fodder, I simply don’t need anything else.

Yea just want to echo the love for the forum, which I was reading a lot before I bought the digitakt. I felt quite familiar with it very quickly once i copped, and while I guess that is down to the amazing design it’s also down to a community that really helps each other learn.

Re sampling - my record collection is getting some new life via this machine, but also… usb via camera adapter to iOS. Youtube. Moises app. Synth One app. If you’re not trying to release anything (when sound quality and clearing might be a snag) that’s plenty to play with :slight_smile: