Digitakt low level into Logic Pro via Overbridge when Low Latency is on

Hi, I just tried Overbridge for the first time (just got a Digitakt) in Logic and I have a question . . . If I play my track with Logic’s ‘low latency monitoring’ OFF then the latency is bad but I hear the Digitakt audio at the correct level. However if I switch ‘low latency monitoring’ to ON then the latency is acceptable BUT the Digitakt audio goes very quiet. This is a strange problem because I have tried other plugin synths and there is no change in level if ‘low latency monitoring’ is on or off, just Digitakt via Overbridge. Also I see that the level meters on the display does not drop, so ‘low latency monitoring’ with Overbridge is making the level of the Digitakt quiet, post fader . . . If anyone has experienced this I would appreciate your help - thanks! Simon

What levels are you getting out of interest? I ask because overbridge levels tend to be a bit low as they accommodate a good amount of headroom. It’s 24bit so you can bump them up without any degradation.

This wouldn’t explain a difference due to latency settings though…

The levels OUT of Digitakt/Overbridge are fine going into the channel, the logic channel meter shows it peaking around -4 but the problem seems to be an issue between Overbridge and the Logic ‘low latency monitoring’ mode. If I switch that on it sounds just like I have turned the Digitakt channel fader all the way down so I can barely hear it. If I turn ‘low latency monitoring’ mode OFF again the levels are fine. I am having to choose between latency and being able to hear that Digitakt channel . . . .

Ah ok I get it now - sorry I don’t use Logic so I can’t be of any help I don’t think, sounds like a quirk of the software more than the 'takt. Hopefully someone else knows what’s up!

Yes it’s only happening with Overbridge . . . .

I have some more info, for some reason when using the Overbridge plugin, if low latency mode is switched on, the output of the overbridge channel won’t go to a bus, it will only go to the stereo output channel, this is why the level is low. If I switch low latency off, it goes to a bus as it should . . . it seems to be some bug between overbridge and Logic?

Update: Logic has a ‘feature’ in Low latency mode where it shuts down buses if it detects a high latency plugin, it seems to regard Overbridge as such a plugin and prevents it going to the buses. It seems to work OK if Low latency mode is switched OFF and recording from Overbridge always has a count in. Without the count in the Digitakt starts out of time, with the count in it seems to go into sync before playing or recording.