Digitakt magnetic track label solution

I started to group my track sounds next to each other for jams etc as I don’t always use all tracks, but ended up forgetting what sound I had put on what track when moving them closer together for muting. I tried a few solutions like writing on masking tape or using a label maker, but it either meant re-writing them for different projects or sticking them on and off all the while which wasn’t ideal. After a mini brainwave I bought some magnetic A4 paper which you can use through a normal inkjet printer, printed out a few to test, and to my utter amazement it printed OK and works like I wanted!

The strength of the magnet is low so it shouldn’t cause any interference with anything inside, its far easier to read in low light and can be used on anything with a metal case.

This is what isolating for covid has done to me. Time to print a few for the mixer :grinning:

13 Likes

thanks a lot for this tip! wanted some labels for corresponding midi cc destinations to go above the knobs and this is a great temporary solution

I am going to print them black and then with grey lettering so they are more invisible to avoid confusion when using the standard DT functions :slight_smile:

1 Like