Digitakt Mega Project - is anyone else doing this?

Dear Nauts,

Now that we’ve got easier use of sample chains, I’m about to begin creating my own mega project full of different chains, multi-samples of my synths, chains of breaks and wavetables for use with the slice machine. I’m wondering if anyone else is doing this and maybe we can share some tips and ideas to create our own.

I personally don’t like dipping into the file browser of the DT as it takes me out my flow so having everything in one big project seems very appealing, although does take a bit of preparation time.

So far my plans for sample slots are looking like this:

1. 64 kicks
2. 64 snares
3. 64 hats
4. 64 percussion
5. 64 bass
6. 64 chord
7. 64 melody
8. 64 fx
9. 4 breaks
10. 4 breaks
11. 4 breaks
12. 4 breaks
13. 64 single cycle waveforms
14. 64 DSI mono evolver multi-sampled notes 1
15. 64 DSI mono evolver multi-sampled notes 2
16. 64 DSI mono evolver multi-sampled notes 3
17. etc etc etc.

Blank patterns’ tracks always default to sample slots 1-8 so I wanted to make sure those slots have something useful straight away. Kick, snare, hats, bass etc.

Also I’m going to make sure any samples that are notes are tuned the same as each other so if I switch slice it’s just changing the sample and not the note.

Anyway, so here begins my quest for the ultimate Digitakt music creation project. Would love to hear if anyone else is doing this or if I’m just some obsessive lunatic.

5 Likes

I’ve been considering doing exactly this. Just haven’t taken the time to actually do it.

1 Like

A little similar… All Digitakt Packs Bundle (SERIES ONE) - Over 1,000 sounds for Digitakt! — ELECTRONISOUNDS