Digitakt / Microfreak / Nord 3p Setup Issue

Hi there Everyone,

A small setup question I am having trouble with - I want to make the Digitakt the brain, controlling a Nord 3P and a Microfreak. Neither the Nord or the Microfreak have Midi Thru, the Digitakt has just one Midi Out and a Midi Thru.

1. I managed to get the Digitakt controlling the Nord 3P pads independently on 6 Midi Channels 1-6 (like a Red Means Recording video I saw recently, its so much fun) - Digitakt Midi OUT to Nord 3P Midi IN

2. I also want the Digitakt to send Midi to the Microfreak on Channel 7, but the only port I have left is the Digitakt Midi Thru, so naturally nothing happens. I can’t work out a way of sending MIDI to the Microfreak and I really don’t want to get a laptop involved if I can help it.

I also have an M-Audio Midiman 2x2, could I use this in some way? Perhaps with the Digitakt USB?

I am pretty new to this.

Can anyone help me please?

Can you set the midi out of microfreak to midi thru in the menus?

If not, search for something like this:
https://kentonuk.com/product/thru-5/

There are cheaper alternatives on the market too. I have this, and its great.

No there is no Midi THRU on the Microfreak… I really want the Digitakt to be the master here with its super snappy timing. I like the Kenton idea… I was thinking my Midisport could somehow do the same but the connections just won’t work. It has the square USB connector input, just like the Digitakt and all my USB leads are the square connector one end, the flat connector on the other.

Hi,

No, luckily there is a MIDI through ON / OFF parameter on the Microfreak.

Please see manual section 14.2.1 regarding the Device Tab under 14.2 MIDI Control Center.

2 Likes

Well I didnt see that! I will give it a try

Yes it works - thank you.

1 Like

Cool! Glad for you! :+1:

Btw I bought the Kenton, I’ve needed that in my setup for a long time so made sense to get it. Thanks for that.