Digitakt MIDI LFO falling asleep?

I have been using the DT’s MIDI LFO to control various functions of OTO Bim. Bam & Boum and initially things work as expected but in a very short time communication is lost and no amount of tweaking brings it back until I turn the DT off and back on again. I thought initially the problem was with the OTO boxes but now I’m not so sure as I can control the parameters with DT’s knobs but the LFO stops having any effect on CCs. Has anybody else experienced anything similar with tthe DT? This looks like a bug to me.

Not seeing that here. Are you on latest DT OS 1.30?

Yes it’s on 1.30. The more I play around with it the better it seems to get… pressing the track key wakes the LFO up again most of the time but occasionally communication gets broken and I have to turn, say Bim off and back on again and then start up the DT again to reintroduce itself. I dunno… sometimes I wish I could go back to my old Atari ST 4, I never had a single problem with it.

I can’t try now but, I wonder if that could be caused by the track being muted, or whether it needs a trig on the track to “launch” the LFO?

1 Like

You need to set up a trig that triggers the midi LFO when switching patterns. (Really what it is , is that the midi cc has to be send to out for the LFO to be doing anything). When switching patterns there’s nothing telling the midi track to send out the set midi CC’s unless you trigger it.
In case you use a lock trig , make sure you lock LFO.t ON on the TRG page

1 Like

…and if you want the LFO not to retrigger each time the pattern llops, set that trig’s condition to 1st

1 Like

Is the LFO’s Fade param set to ‘x’ ?
If not, it might be slowly fading out the LFO

Thanks, I was placing trigs at the start of the patterns already. I think I could have narrowed the problem down to a communication issue between a midi merge box which stopped sending midi and a midi thru box although Bim did have a spasm later and had to become manually untangled. Things seem to be working more reliably today. Thanks to everyone who replied. :))

Is sending an lfo to a reverb useful? I haven’t tried it.

It is if you want to feel seasick.

:joy: I’ll put that on my to do list then!