Digitakt midi synth tracks triggering audio

Hi!

I have 4 synths beings sequenced by Digitakt and when I play any of them they active the track 1, that doesnt have any note on the grid.

I was thinking that is some in the channels menu, so I already set the tracks 1-8 to off, but doesnt work.

Did you check that the global MIDI in channel isn’t one that your MIDI tracks are using for sending data for your synths?

I assume your synths MIDI out are plugged into the MIDI in of the Digitakt, is that right?

If it’s a matter of the global channel, the MIDI data would affect the currently selected sample track, not only the first.

Global Midi in channel do you mean the Auto Channel? This is set to 10

I have 5 synths set like this: synth 1,2,3,4 and 5 - midi ch 1-2-3-4-5, on midi channels A-B-C-D-E of digitakt

My chain is Digitakt midi out > Midi in on an Midi Hub > Midi thru from the hub to the midi in of the synths. It worked like this since always with any problem.

The problem is affecting only the track 1, I tested the other audio tracks and its all playing right.
And all synths tracks are triggering the kick that is in the track 1.

Weird. There’s nothing plugged to the MIDI in of the Digitakt?

Yes I meant global channel, sorry.

Do you have the Synths and the DT connected via USB to your computer?

1 Like

No, there’s nothing on MIDI In of the Digitakt

I just dont have one synth connected via USB. The digitakt is connected because I use overbridge

Either turn off the OB plugin track’s input monitoring in your daw, or change the DT’s MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG > OUTPUT TO: MIDI (not MIDI+USB)

3 Likes

Looks like that the turn off on OB solved! Thanks @garf