Digitakt / Midi Thru Sync B output failing

Hi :wave:t2: all …

My DT Midi Thru Sync B is suddenly unresponsive and not sending out any messages to sync with Analog Heat MkII …

I’ve checked the other output and works fine.
I’ve checked cables and they’re fine.

It’s just the Midi Thru Sync B output …

Any other possibilities?

Thanks.

Will do a system restore to factory settings as an alternative to see if there’s any progress …

Do you have anything you can use to monitor the output? I would plug it into my Blokas Midihub in this situation and would be able to see a stream of any data coming through.

Maybe you can use a DAW in a similar way if you can get the MIDI into your computer? I’d want to see exactly what it was outputting (and confirm it was nothing).

1 Like

I have a new Conductive Labs MRCC … maybe that could monitor the signal flow?

1 Like

Bingo!

1 Like

I got no data showing in that … I’m still getting used to the MRCC …

Damn - doesn’t sound good does it. Hopefully Elektron can help you troubleshoot, don’t remember there being all that many options with the B port for you to mess up - you don’t have it set to DIN-24 by any chance do you?

Ugh :expressionless:

No doesn’t sound good when you say it like that!

Nope all on Midi

1 Like

Have done a system reset as well with no luck.
Seems my B port is cactus :cactus:

1 Like

What are you sending to the Midi In that you expect to see at the Thru (it is NOT a second Out)

It is only a dedicated Out for Din Sync duties, otherwise it is ONLY a Midi Thru which will clone the In Port, if working …

2 Likes

Thank you - greatly appreciated!
No wonder I wasn’t getting anywhere!

:man_facepalming:t2: now I feel like a right numpty! :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Too right :rofl:

Happens to the best of us and at least it was an easy problem to fix :wink: I hadn’t considered you were trying to use it wrong as you’d said “suddenly unresponsive” - I assumed whatever you were doing with it worked before!

1 Like

Forest for the trees …
Forest for the trees …

:dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:🫥🫣:joy:

1 Like