Digitakt, Mother32 and Overbridge audio out question

Hi guys . I owned Digitakt for quite a while but its only recently that Im using it with overbridge software in abelton live. now I wanted to add external midi. I managed to connect m32 to digitakt and get midi signal , however for audio I was hoping to get m32 audio thru digitakt so i dont have to creat seperate audio channel on abelton.

this is how currently things are connected:
Digitakt is connected to mac via USB and the only audio out is from my mac to speakers while m32 ‘‘midi in’’ is connected to Digitakt ‘‘midi out’’.
I also tried taking audio from m32 in to digitakt and out from digitakt to speaker buut cant hear m32 at all.
just want to know How my connection should be ? do I need an Interface for this ? I thought I can use digitakt as interface.
Simply I wanted to get m32 audio thru digitakt channels in ableton, and not seperate audio channel. is this even possible. Thank you for reading this and helping.

Very possible

3 connections:
Digitakt to computer via USB
Digitakt midi out to mother midi in
Mother audio out to digitakt audio in.

You need to turn up the external input in the Digitakt mixer page.
And in your DAW insert the overbridge vst into an empty midi track.

Now you should hear everything.

Sidenote:
Instead of using the vst, you can also choose the DT as input audio source in the ableton audio settings.
I always had some struggles this way though. In my experience, using the vst works much more reliable

1 Like

Thank you so much. I had to turn up the volume in mixer page which I didnt know anything about. the page is kind of hidden, fun+lfo 3 times. I will try what you suggest in sidenote to see which one works best for me aswell. thanks again :pray:

2 Likes

you‘re welcome. Have fun. Wonderful instruments they are