Digitakt MUTE features

Hi there. I’m a long time Elektron user. I own a machinedrum mk2, an Octatrack mk1 and a Digitakt. Digitakt was the last one added to the family an i had no problem getting used to it. It was instant love.
BUT. There’s something missing. Something both Machinedrum and Octatrack have… something VERY handy, especially when playing live… which is something you’re supposed to do with Elektron gear.
On the OT and MD if you hold down the function button when in the mute page you can select multiple track to both mute or unmute and it happen only when you release the FUNCTION button. Is just me missing this on the DIgitakt? How do you guys manage to have multiple unmute at once on the digitakt if you’re playing also other gear?

3 Likes

No, you’re not alone. This would be extremely nice. Used it a lot on other Elektrons. I haven’t really missed it on the Digitakt, because… I assumed the machine is half-done anyway and this would come in a later update :frowning:

2 Likes

I use mute mode a lot during performance.

i just wrote to Elektron. My first message was to the support team:

Elektron Support
February 11, 2018 01:36:23 PM
Hi Emilio, Yes, its a really nice feature. I cant promise anything but you can always send a feature request to: feature-request@elektron.se Thank you for your feedback!
Best regards Christian

I then sent an email to the feature request. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do too, that’s why i’m missing this so much…
This is my latest recording

1 Like

Mute mode works on the digitakt though. Func+pattern button.

Edit: I rather dig the track

am i missing something? It does not to me.
Can you be more specific?

Sorry it’s func+bank to enter mute mode.

yep, you get te mute mode, but it’s not what i’m talking about.
When you’re in the mute page on MD and OT if u hold the function button you get the feature i described in my first post. This is missing on the Digitakt.

From the manual

There are two different versions of MUTE mode on the Digitakt:
• GLOBAL MUTE MODE In GLOBAL MUTE mode, the muted tracks are muted in all patterns, and the trig [TRIG] keys are lit green.
Press [FUNC] + [BANK] to enter GLOBAL MUTE mode. If tracks are muted in GLOBAL MUTE mode, the tracks will flash green when the pattern plays.
Press [FUNC] + [BANK] to exit GLOBAL MUTE mode.
• PATTERN MUTE MODE In PATTERN MUTE mode, the muted tracks are muted only in the active pattern, and the trig [TRIG] keys are lit purple.
Press [FUNC] + double-tap [BANK] to enter PATTERN MUTE mode. If tracks are muted in PATTERN MUTE mode, the tracks will flash purple when the pattern plays.
Press [FUNC] + [BANK] to exit PATTERN MUTE mode.
The GLOBAL MUTE mode settings are saved together with the project. The PATTERN MUTE mode
settings are saved together with the pattern.

4 Likes

Yep I know all that :slight_smile:

I know the feature you are talking about. You’re first post asked how To manage multiple mutes and unmutes without it. For me that solution is to keep mute mode active during live performance.

Edit: Wouldn’t it take more work/hands to hold func, press buttons with the other hand and then release function?

1 Like

yep, that’s what i do… But as you see from my videos it happens i need to do multiple unmute/mute on Digitakt and Octatrack and it’s a real pain…
I prefer to improvise instead having a fixed structure for my songs… so having more than one pattern with muted/unmuted track is an option… but i don’t really like it…
:slight_smile:

I use that function on my Rytm A LOT! Would be great to have it on the Digitakt too.

2 Likes

for me is quite essential… DAMN! :smiley:

I just got my new Digitakt and this was trhe first feature I looked for, just assumed it would be there (I got very used to this feature on my Machinedrum)

I will email the feature request address above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any news on this? It’s quite essential indeed…

mute of audio rather than just trig would be handy too

2 Likes

Oh yes. It will be so good to have instant audio mute.

1 Like

Has there been any development on this? It is INSANELY inconvenient to hit every single track when you just want to cut multiple at once.