Digitakt not connecting through overbridge nor midi device

Hi there! I have recently updated my Digitakt to 1.4 firmware and I am having an issue connecting with Overbridge. I am running a Macbook with 10.14.6.

• When i set the DT to Overbridge mode nothing shows in the Overbridge Engine window on the mac.
  • When i set it to USB MIDI mode, it shows an error on the Overbridge Engine window that the Digitakt is not in Overbridge mode and describes me the steps to navigate and set it to OB mode. However, when setting it back to OB mode nothing shows on the engine, again.
  • I have also noticed that it is not recognized in any DAW as an external midi device when set to USB MIDI mode nor audio device…

I tried re installing the firmware but i cant select it in Transfer as it doesn’t show anywhere. Everything becomes more strange when I tested the DT on an old mac running 10.9.5 and it is recognized as external midi device and audio interface in any DAW. Should it be some incompatibility with my Mac OS ? the Overbridge engine recognizes the Dt when it is not in Overbridge mode so everything is very confusing to me. I can t fix the problem and I am becoming frustrated as I feel there’s nothing I can do… I have worked with OB flawlessly before and i really cant understand what is going on just now…

If anyone can give me a tip would be very much apreciated. Thanks in advance!

Did you update Overbridge too?

Hi! Yes , i did update Overbridge as well. The thing is that it should appear as a midi device and not even that… but the OB engine recognizes DT when is off Overbridge mode…

I once had a similar issue and apparently I had to re-approve my elektron boxes in the Security & Privacy settings of my mac. Did you check those settings as well?

hi! yeah i was doing that now but nothing shows in Security & Privacy window. I have also checked on the system information option when opening the Apple icon and the it does show on the hardware page. So it is being recognized through the USB ports but just doesnt show up anywhere. I have also tried other midi keyboards and everything works as supposed…

Are you restarting the Mac after uninstall, then restarting again after reinstall? I used to skip the restart after uninstall and it caused problems.

yes i did both those steps. The thing is that it should work as a midi device without having to instal overbridge drives…

The only thing I can think of:
10.14 suggests an older MacBook. Old midi drivers for other gear installed? A while back, some older machines were having OB issues when other midi drivers were present (stuff like old m-audio/midiman drivers).

The only reason I am still running 10.14 is because my mac is from 2015. So that would make sense if this wasn’t already old… I have used overbridge many times with no issues before with this exact same system. the only thing it is different here is the DT update 1.4 . I can’t be sure wether I run it with the computer after the update though… so I dont know if that is the cause of the problem. however, I tested it o a macbook from 2013 running 10.9 and it works normal, apart from overbridge which is not supported on that OS.