Digitakt Not Updating [resolved]

Hi all,

Hope all is well?

I can not update my firmware. I am stuck on OS 1.1

I never had chance to update my firmware before because my studio computer was too old to be compatible with Transfer.

I have downloaded the latest version of Transfer and the latest OS with song mode etc.

I have unplugged all other USB devices from the computer and plugged directly in via usb.

All my port setting have been triple checked and my device will connect to transfer. However when I drop the new OS file into transfer nothing happens?

I don’t really understand what I am missing?

Many thanks in advance.

Marko

There is a bit of software from Elektron in the olden days called C6 which I have in the past used to update something when it was being a bit awkward (I forget which box).

It’s not listed/available but I did manage to find it with a little digging a few years ago.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply I have been searching for it as an alternative but haven’t had any luck yet.

Check if USB mode is set to MIDI. If on Overbridge it doesn’t work. It used to, I have to declare this bug.

3 Likes

Thank you yes I am already Set to Midi and not working.

Weird. Can’t you connect to Transfer with your unit?

Otherwise, C6 is available on the Analog Drive support page.
And Sysex Librarian (if on OSX) is a good alternative.

2 Likes

Hi all! I’ve managed to get it working.

There was a second link to manually add file via a different page that I had missed and it went straight through.

Thank you for your replies and patience.

Much appreciated

4 Likes

I’m having a similar issue you had. what was the second link you added manually via a different page?

where do I find the analog drive support page to get C6?

Hello,

How to update your device via sysex transfer : Knowledge Base (Beta) (elektron.se)

This should be the link in question. Let us know if that works for you, the support section on the Elektron website has a lot of useful links and information about your device and the resources you will need to update.

1 Like