Digitakt now on clearance?

Juno handled the return of the OT for repair at Elektron and they replaced the DT. Juno also handled the situation I had with a faulty Vermona DRM 1, that I’d actually sold on.

So I’ve never had any direct issues with Juno as a company, and I’ve bought tons of music equipment from them.

4 Likes

Fair play. I have been unlucky I guess.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate.

1 Like

Well, in the past 5 years the only thing they’ve released are 2 entry-level products and a defective battery handle.

5 Likes

I meant more that GC’s target audience don’t seem like people that would be interested in Elektron.

2 Likes

Oh the burn.

:fire:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I think this reflects more on GC focusing their (probably reduced) resources on their actual customer base. My local GC used to have a mediocre but respectable smattering of recently released synths, plus some random overpriced used stuff. The last time I went in there, the only synths were a used OP-1 and a new TR-6S, both for more than I would pay.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed Guitar Center doesn’t have much at all when it comes to electronic music gear. I’ve been trying to get into modular and and noticed they don’t have ANY modules.
I think they might be going more in the direction of guitars, basses and drums.

1 Like

And, you know, a little synth called Digitone, and the keys version.

4 Likes

Wasn’t the digitone released in 2017?

I’m coming off as a bit of a jerk, but I’m not trying to. My disappointment in activity from Elektron comes from a place of love and respect. I want them to release more innovative gear. That’s all.

3 Likes

Give them time to transition. Elektron went through big changes/losses in the past years and then, the pandemic.

1 Like

I used to work there. They do that shit CONSTANTLY. I worked in customer service and had to deal with all the pissed off people who got used gear at new gear prices.

Oh wow, didn’t know the disappointment people about elektron products, returns and defective products.
I’ve bought differents products from elektron: machinedrum, analog four, digitone, digitakt, analog heat and model cycles… And the battery handle… except this last one, no problems with my machines. Maybe I’ve got luck… but I know some friends with the same luck.
I found always a solid products and smart design (hardware and software/firmware). Even cycles I love it, even I criticized in the beginning, but just try it, and felt in love.

I’m in that camp too. have owned lots of elektron devices & never had any issues.

Yes. Just short of 5 years ago :wink:
My comment wasn’t meant to be taken too seriously though. I do get where you’re coming from. As tchu points out, elektron is going through some changes as it seems. Patience is a virtue.

3 Likes

Never judge a music product or try to conjecture about the state of a gear company by whether or not Guitar Center carries it. They are not the be-all end-all of music equipment. They’re where everyone who knows nothing about music goes when they need something music-related. The Walmart of music stores, basically. You might be able to cop a good deal on some gear there, but good luck dealing with that nightmare of a company if something goes wrong.

3 Likes