Digitakt now on clearance?

Just browsing around and noticed that at Guitar Center the Digitakt is a ‘clearance’ item. Strange thing is the price is definitely not. Is this a harbinger?

1 Like

From what I was told, Guitar Center won’t be carrying Elektron any longer. I bought a “new” one from them a few months back.

It arrived without a power cable and in rough shape. Clearly an abused customer return.
They told me they had no new stock, even though they sold it as new.

I sent it back and moved on.

5 Likes

1 store worldwide with a clearance just past Xmas. ?

Who knows.

1 Like

I wonder why Guitar Center is dropping Elektron. That’s certainly not a good omen for Elektron. They’re profile seems to be diminishing.

2 Likes

Wow look at the rumor mill starting to spin here. Its not at a discounted price, I highly doubt Elektron is trouble because one retailer dropped them. Last year Zzounds.com got rid of Behringer and they clearly aren’t going anywhere (I know they are a much different company).

Who was even buying Elektron stuff from Guitar Center anyway? Maybe Elektron dropped them so they could get their units to a retailer that can move them.

14 Likes

Maybe it’s a good way to trick someone that doesn’t know the regular price?

Let me act it out for you:

In this scene I am playing a human on planet Earth using the internet. Action!
“Oh boy, this Digitsnack thing is on clearance?!?!? Well I better get it before it is not on clearance anymore!” End scene.

8 Likes

As someone who used to work for Guitar Center I can tell you that Electron was incredibly niche to our customer base. In the 4 years I worked there no one ever purchased one. Two customers brought in OT’s to sell but they sat unordered forever until another employee purchased them. I only ever sold one electron device and it was a used model samples.

10 Likes

I can only speak for the location near me but the Pro Audio section (where I assume they would stock the Elektrons at a physical location) basically only has PA equipment, cords, microphones, headphones and studio monitors now–and a lot of what they do have is basic, average pro-sumer level stuff. All the keyboards they carry are like what a church or school would buy. They stock almost no DJ gear anymore either.

Nothing wrong with any of this, but I agree that Elektron gear isn’t what their target audience is shopping for.

5 Likes

wow…that’s shady AF.

2 Likes

this line had me chuckling out loud:

Who was even buying Elektron stuff from Guitar Center anyway?

3 Likes

Juno in the UK stopped selling Elektron gear a few years back. Rumour was there were too many returns due to defective units.

I’ve had 2 duds, out of about 10 and they were bought from Juno.

Please back that up with facts.

People really should stop spreading rumours. Because most of the time they are nonsense.

4 Likes

…I was. At least I bought my Digitakt there. I didn’t know that I was making a grave error.

6 Likes

But I know personally a number of people, myself included that had issues with multiple machines. The well documented headphones issue with the original OT, screws rattling around in my DT. Both bought from Juno. Friends buying from Juno having issue. I don’t remember when I first heard the rumour, but it was on Elektronauts. It’s not unreasonable to mention Elektron have had some QC issues in the past.

1 Like

Interesting. I have the M:S and M:C and they are rock solid. No issues at all and I"m very happy with them. Just a little DT envy is all I have lol

Rumors are destructive.

Business is based on $$$. Bet you dollars to donuts that Juno stopped selling Elektron because they made more money selling other gear.

And you managed to return them to Juno? I’ve found Juno to be the worst customer care of any gear supplier. I would suspect them over Elektron (from experience) in this case.

I think it’s Guitar Center profile diminishing. Didn’t they file for bankruptcy again?

5 Likes

One thing that will be missed is Guitar Center coupons (10-20% off) excluded pretty much every single brand . . . But not Elektron.

1 Like