Digitakt OS 1.50

Wow! Playing slices chromatically means this could be used to play keygroups a la MPC, except in mono. :star2:

Next natural evolution might be an autosampling feature - and the ability to assign two tracks for it to allow stereo samples. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I mean… is this the Octatrack MK3 everyone’s been asking for???
This is amazing!

7 Likes

machines on the digitone next? :cowboy_hat_face::partying_face::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader:

26 Likes

Can i set LFO to select slices in any order?

No

Yes

11 Likes

100% this, I was 100000% sure Elektron would never give DT slicing mode.
Now the pandora box is opened I am expecting crazy updates for all the other products still in line waiting for one.

Seriously the DT value doubled just like that.

What would machines even do on a DN? lol

9 Likes

These machines fix the things that used to bore me about doing sample based stuff, pretty excited to give these a try!

3 Likes

update so good it broke the elektron website hahaha
thank you guysssssssssss yall the bessstttttt
love
h

3 Likes

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!

Amazing update!

6 Likes

holy sweet damn !!! so excited to play with this. at this point, if digitakt had stereo sampling i straight up dont think id ever have the desire to touch another machine. as someone who’s never had another elektron box, very curious to see how time stretching and slicing fit into the game

4 Likes

Really amazing update!

I was reminiscing on how fun this machine was back when I owned it probably 10x more fun now!

1 Like

Really? You’d like to see that?

Not really imho, but it’s very cool! I’m actually glad to see that Elektron was able to put something out that people rave about like this. Don’t know why, have no interested in the DT myself, but somehow seeing this makes me smile. :laughing:
Suddenly, the future is very Elektron again! :3lektron:

2 Likes

nice-smack

8 Likes

Just when I think I’m out THEY PULL ME BACK IN

14 Likes

Digitakt has been Octaracked :heart:

4 Likes

You mean FUNC+SRC?
To swap out samples in the slot list in 1.50, bring up the sample list with encoder D, select the sample to swap, then FUNC+YES to locate a new sample from the +Drive

2 Likes

I was just being silly. I own both the OT and the DT and there are still wildly different beasts but you must agree that the Arranger-esq song mode and now these sample features certainly brings it closer to the OT.
At least I see it that way.

I wonder if they will eventually add stereo samples… that would be mind blowing.

3 Likes

WOW Update session tonight !!! Very promising !!!

1 Like

Ah, yeah, sorry…Text, you know. :grin:
It’s a great update, that’s fo sho!

2 Likes

Damn folks y’all are DDOS’ing the website to download the firmware :laughing:

4 Likes