Digitakt price fluctuations?

Why did Digitakt units suddently go from 799 to 859 on Amazon and Perfect Circuit? I was just browsing to see if there were any deals for Black Friday but this doesn’t seem like a deal to me :full_moon_with_face:

There are probably many other stores. Shop around.

1 Like

Seems to be up everywhere. Particularly cruel timing!

There was a price jump recently, though some stores had it marked down for a sale earlier this month.

1 Like

I mean, I know $60 is $60 but its only like a 7% price increase. At least where I live in the US the general price of living has suddenly shot up so this doesn’t surprise me. The price increase on the DT started happening at least a month or two ago. There was already a thread about it.

I took advantage of it and sold mine for something else I’d been lusting after.

So weird, the prices on other consumer goods haven’t gone up at all. /s

And yea the Take 5 went from $1299 to $1499

Supply meets demand.

4 Likes

Also Elektron added an enormous amount of value to the Digitakt with the 1.30 update.

6 Likes

When I was planning to get one :man_facepalming:

lol imagine if there’s a price hike every time we get an update on anything now

True that would be really lame but 1.30 added an unprecedented amount of value to the Digitakt. It was nearly a Mk. 2 level update.

2 Likes

not sure what got added exactly I don’t run a DT, know it got a second lfo which is a pretty big deal. Still that kinda feels like something that could have easily been there from day 1 considering it already has one. What else got put in?

https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Digitakt_OS1.30_readme.html

1 Like

I’ll speak for myself - I think the mixer input update alone could warrant that sort of price hike.

3 Likes

Buy used. Yesterday a Digitakt sold on Reverb.com for $609 in Mint Condition. Jus sayin…

3 Likes

The mixer is huge, especially being able to apply the compressor and other effects to the ins. Absolute game-changer.

3 Likes

Glad i got mine for $649 brand new back when…
its a keeper, for sure.

1 Like

Not really keeping up with current events, are we?

3 Likes

They overheard you guys talking, so they dropped the DT down to $729 at Sweetwater.

And Amazon too. That’s nice. Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile: that $859 price for just a couple of days was weird.

First of all, this makes the sale look better. Second of all, that higher price will probably persist after the sale.