Digitakt Price Hike

I don’t think OS updates are necessarily incremental. The next OS will probably be 1.1

I know.

I’m only saying what I’m seeing. Simon has said 1.0.5 will have the fixes they did in the Digitone to get rid of most of the ghosting. And the mentions of 1.10 or 1.0.10 getting OB have been removed.

So yeah, big chance we get 1.0.5 with OB but just as life itself, nothing is certain. It could also be version 1.0.6 or 2.0.3 if they have and use the same internal versions as external.

They can also easily change the final firmware versions so they are incremental. Thats just cosmetic. As long as we get OB this month I’ll be happy :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m a little nervous for Elektron if they DON’T drop OB this month- mutiny.

I oughta save my money to buy some secondhand units at bargain prices :smiley:

But- after announcing timeframes for updates, missing the first timeframe, releasing a new product(which don’t get me wrong- I love it and ordered it)- but if they don’t hit this deadline it’s going to smell like a bathroom the number of people that will be pissed.

1 Like

Pretty much since June last year the Elektron website said “later this year” for OB. They really can’t get away changing the date once again. And they will also diminish the value of their own words. Whats Elektron’s word worth if they keep pushing deadlines ahead and change dates. I’m almsot certain we’ll see OB this month :sweat_smile:

Nothing wrong with a little mutiny. But as a pirate, I’m biased :tongue:

1 Like

Unfortunately for me, I can’t wait that long for the Digitone

Edit: to be more specific- my bank account

It’s like a jump scare of desire

You’re a stronger man than I. I had responsibility mantras that I repeated and was only able to make it till the Sunday following the release :confused:

1 Like

I put it on credit and swore off a social life for a couple months to study python…

Who needs RL friends, anyway? They probably don’t even know or care about the DN.

Most of my friends have no clue about DT/DN too, but they are always very interested in the boxes I got here. And even more when I show them they make music you can actually dance to.

I do admire your tenacity regarding python. I really, really can not click with that for some reason.

The thing is...

Are you experienced with other languages- if so, perhaps it’s too simple for you.

I’m only coming from programming with VBA in Excel- and Python is like frolicking in a beautiful meadow in comparison.

If you’re not already familiar with programming- I highly recommend Udacity’s free course Intro to Python where you’re guided to import libraries and make pretty functional programs in, like, 5 lines of code

It’s pretty inspirational.

Coding is like solving puzzles- and it’s pretty fulfilling once you get to the point where you’re brain isn’t mush from the syntax

3 Likes
Thanks!

I will check that out. And yes, we have to hide any off topic stuff before it’s split into a new topic and hidden from view. Kind of sad we can’t have normal conversations here. To me it should be ok to go a bit off topic and have conversations with each other instead of just debates.

(also inb4 we’re moved to lounge or whatever :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

looks to be another price jump.

its now 800$ usd.

1 Like

Woof! I hope I don’t need a Digitakt again…

i actually due. :drunk:
what do used octa’s mk2 go for again. save some more lunch money and im just about there.

1 Like

I dunno. Even at the same price, I’d probably still go Digitakt.

Sorry about the hike, man. :frowning:

1 Like

Musicians Friend is $799.99 when you click on it the item but $749.99 when appearing in the search. I would kindly bring that to their attention and ask to honor it.

Edit: Now up to $799 in search as well.

1 Like

Agreed. If you plan on using the gear daily then 800 isn’t too bad. I spent 650 on my novation sl mkiii but I use it everyday for at least and hour and on weekends I get 6 hours of use. It will last longer than 10 years and I will keep going with it.

If you are just a casual user then yes 800 is expensive. It’s a tough environment we are in as musicians because a lot of boxes help us do the job and there is always fear of missing out.

If 800 is too much the used market is always there and a lot of Elektron boxes are hardly used. Everyone drives a used car anyways right ?

1 Like

Uggg…and here I was hoping for a Digitakt MK2 to be announced within the next few months. Well, theres always hope the Octatrack mk3 or whatever will replace it comes out soon…

The new black AR and A4 also got price hikes, which nobody seems to be mentioning.

1 Like

949 Euros… as of Feb 2023…
:frowning:

1 Like