Digitakt Price Hike

I paid €777 in the last week of December 2022 at Thomann.
And I was shocked to see price changed to €899 only 3 weeks later!

2 Likes

The Digitakt is priceless.

6 Likes

Life’s dark essentials are all rising in price together

12 Likes

I hope that the rise in its price will be reflected in several future OS updates.

2 Likes

Got mine new for $650 in the US in early December on sale. If budget is a concern, you just have to be disciplined waiting for sales, Elektron has plenty throughout the year.

Yes and I thought that 739,- were expensive when I got mine some month ago, but currently 899,- is insane and meh…! That price will foster MPC sales for sure.

EDIT: Same happens to Syntakt: 789,- during the last limited offer and now 1049,- just crazy.

1 Like

Crazy times, inflation-wise… In most of the world!

I’m thankful this forum has such a healthy marketplace for buying/selling used gear. If I were looking for a DT right now, I’d definitely get it used.

1 Like

I could swear that Syntakt was 1200 euros a few weeks back. I checked here in Germany while a friend in Japan wanted to buy one.

We’re both quite positive it was what we saw. Now he bought it for about 1000 there.

I could be mistaken :joy:

I now see that I bought Digitkat and Syntakt at the best moments there was, payed 650 euros for new Digitakt and 770 euros for new Syntakt.

Digitakt launch price £649

Current price in Anderton’s (pre-order for stock due next weekend) - £689

Current price (available now) in Elevator Sound - £699

Either you lot are shit at shopping or you just want something to be outraged about.

2 Likes

Current price at Elektron: £849

Guess the message is if you want a DT then buy one before retailers stock runs dry as prices will rise in line with Elektron.se.

But Andertons are charging £689 pre-order for new stock…

I’d still say jump on it if sooner rather than later if considering it, though for my tuppence worth even at £690 I’d say it’s too pricey.

Just feels a little unusual to have a retailer continue to offer a sustained c20% discount vs retailer RRP in todays market. Could well be a tax loophole though.

I’m on the fence to buy one 765€ (Bax Music, France). Seems a correct price isn’t it ?

Had no luck with second hand since 2 weeks (crooks or really bad condition buttons).

I bought a Digitakt from Anderson’s just over a year ago. Price from then to now is +17%. Everything is going up except my wages! :grin::thinking:

1 Like

I just checked £684 = €773. But then importing it into Europe will add some tax. Also Andertons might be a bit falling behind since they are still on 1.30 firmware. Pretty sure the price will go up as soon as they learn about songmode. :crazy_face:

yea DT & DN are 899 euro in thomann atm. got mine for €650 “back in the day”.

Tiz the few Bob.

Interesting, why are you getting one? Thought you didn’t really like it.

he’ll be getting another Machinedrum next :wink:

1 Like

I criticized it lot compared to OT. :content:
I sold DT and DN to fund the ST.
Now I’d like to try a secondary setup with DT and ST. I recently made some convincing tests with DT alone (not mine, momentarily exchanged with ST). I used lfos on slots…

15 Likes