Digitakt Price Hike

nice. never heard one sound like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Similar story on the syntakt - UK based retailers at a uniform £777 right now. (As noted elsewhere, no guarantees that won’t suddenly change)

EDIT: I may have been misled by Google Shopping

Looks like some have already increased the price…

Ah, ok, maybe I was misled by Google Shopping

And that’s a Digitakt at £815!! Crazy price

Theiy have Syntakt is £949!

I’d say anyone wanting to buy one should jump on a cheaper one now. There’s no way I could justify those prices. I’m guessing second hand prices will also increase accordingly.

1 Digitakt in stock at Andertons for £684

Although it does say it might be a display unit.

I love sending LFOs to sample slot! When I’m adding samples to a project I tend to keep that in mind and group then in a way that the LFO can easily select hits I want alternated.

2 Likes

With these prices Elektron will go bancrupt. And of course: Without Elektron this forum will be disbanded. I can already see some users looking for psychological help after that happens. Are the prices even relevant in 2023?

May the mighty cuíca watch over our souls.

1 Like

Most Elektron customers work in IT and are in the global top 1% of income earners. I think Elektron will be OK.

3 Likes

i was sad to learn i am in the top 1% of global income earners and am still this poor. holy smokes. it’s rough out here on this planet

4 Likes

Most Elektron customers work in IT and are in the global top 1% of income earners.

Only elektron manager can say such nonsense :smiley: .

1 Like

OK, I guess global top 1% isn’t that much actually, maybe OECD top 1% is more reflective of what I meant.

2 Likes

you were still correct. i was just surprised when i did that thing online to calculate global earnings.

it’s definitely top 1%s buying all instruments

1 Like

Do you think used prices for Digitone will increase significantly in about half a year? It’s quite easy to get one for around 500€ right now, lots of people selling.

Same average price in France.
I bought it 550€, supposed to be mint condition. Should arrive tomorrow.

3 Likes

I see plenty of 400-500 euros digitones online still, I think lots of ppl try to sell them for syntakt, I dont think the second hand price will increase simply because FM synth is niche for a lot of people. Now that syntakt is available people will choose it over digitone because its much easier to jam/write songs with it as the sound design aspect is much more streamlined.

2 Likes

Okay that’s reassuring to keep my GAS for a second DN drum machine in check. The cycle of gear getting more expensive should cure GAS, but somehow also lets me think about buying something now before used prices rise …

Sounds really nice!

1 Like

Received my second DT saturday, better encoders than my previous one, hence better feeling. 2020 one, but very good condition, 550€.

Bought one MKI for 400€ today! How did you know ? :thinking:
Wasn’t planned at all, but at this price…I had to borrow, so do you think I should sell my DT ? :content:
I will have to sell things anyway…

1 Like