Digitakt screen seems dead

Just asking before sending off to local repair.

I was using it quite a lot past few days, I also turn on and off quite often.
And today the screen went blank. All other functions work fine. Trig lights are on. Just the screen is turned off.

Anything I can troubleshoot?

…dunno how firm u are with opening units…?
and how much important warranty is to u…if 3 year warranty is still running in ur case…

but it’s either just a loose cable connection…which is an easy fix…
or in worst case…that oled screen is dead for real…which is a bummer…but also easy to replace…

if u think ur capable of opening the box properly and see for ur own…in first case ur up and running within minutes…in second case, best will be to just order a replacement screen at elektron hq…

if ur unsure about ur skills here…better send it in…

but hey…if u ever had the feeling u don’t like that yellow…NOW is the perfect timing to ask for a blue/greyish one like the ot has… :wink:

1 Like

I am very far from tech savvy lol.
Yeah I think it’s dead, tried plugging to different places, waited for it to heal itself somehow.
Thanks anyways.

…u don’t kill any warranties if u open it carefully…
it’s just some screws…if u check the cableconnection to the screen…and it’sobviously loose…
plug it back…easy…close the unit again…turn it on and ur good to go again…
if u don’t see any obvious option to fix it that way…well, then, send it in…

1 Like

maybe display ribbon came off from the socket
if not replace it with this

1 Like

Thanks for the input, hope it’s not big of a deal. Or just a faulty unit.

hopefully nothing major.

can you enter early startup menu? hold FUNC while powering on. if it does enter this menu, you may not be able to SEE that it’s in this menu because your display is being funky. but… maybe that’ll kickstart it or clear it if it’s snarled in some strange state. you can also perform a factory reset from this menu by hitting trig key 3. obviously you’ll lose everything by doing this, but you might anyway…

failing that, I’d contact Elektron Support. if there’s something simple, they’ll know. and if they do so, please share it here. otherwise… it’s likely going in for repair.

1 Like