Digitakt sequencing iPad Troubleshooting

Noob-level question but I’m kinda stumped

I’m trying to sequence ipad synth apps from the digitakt via a camera connection kit and am having no luck.

I can sequence other synths from DT, can sequence the iPad from my Circuit Tracks, and have used the DT with Overbridge, which rules out hardware issues.

I’ve messed around with the settings on the DT a lot, currently they are: Sync: Clock receive: no Clock send: yes Transport receive: no Transport send: yes Prog change receive: no Prog change send: yes

Port config: Out Port Func: MIDI Thru Port Func: MIDI Input from: MIDI+USB Output to: MIDI+USB Output ch: Trk ch Param output: cc Encoder dest: int Trig key dst: int+ext Mute dest: int Receive notes: yes Receive cc/nrpn: yes

Channels: Have tried setting Track A to channel 11 or simply off here (channel 11 is selected for pad 9 in SRC page)

Any help very much appreciated :pray:

Are you hosting your synth app in AUM (or similar like Apematrix or Drambo). This is how it is usually done. In AUM you should see the Digitakt as a source and be able to route / connect it to your synth.

1 Like

Thanks for responding. So do I need to use an intermediate app? The Circuit Tracks didn’t require anything similar, I didn’t realise one was needed with the DT

No , it isn’t essential to use intermediate app, that is how most people do it as you can do multiple synths at the same time , add FX rec etc. If you’ve managed to sequence them with a circuit then it should still work the same with the Digitakt. In synth app, do you see Digitakt as a source in the settings?

I’d try setting Digitakt midi track to Ch 1 initially , that is most likely the default that iPad app is listening on.

One other thing , the audio might be coming out of the iPad over usb and not headphone out, if your iPad has headphone out that is :slight_smile:

So there’s no such source settings in SynthOne but I just downloaded Audiobus (similar to AUM) and the DT still doesn’t show up as a clock source like it should. I then made sure I had up to date firmware and switched USB config back to MIDI.

Also tried using channel 1 as you mentioned but no luck here either

I can try shortly, just putting my kids to bed……

Got it! DT finally showed up. Thank you very much for your help

1 Like