Digitakt set base note

Hello dear Elektronauts, unfortunately I have the problem that the base note on my Digitakt is C5, how can I change it to C3? Attached One photos:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Observe that there are 8 controls on the screen, 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom. Just like the 8 knobs, 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom.

The controls can be changed via the knobs at the same position.

In this case, knob A would change the base note.

This behavior is the same everywhere on the device. When you see 8 controls, even if some are empty boxes, you can change them via the knobs.

1 Like

I think it’s a case of RTFM

2 Likes

Thank you, but my problem is that the base note is C5 at (0) and actually at C3 by default. All the Samples are played at C3 but the display says C5

I once loaded a preset, unfortunately C3 is at (-24) by default, C3 is actually at (0) right?

Actually no. C5 is default. The tune parameter goes down to -60 which is 5 octaves, which is c0, which is as low as you can go :slight_smile:

1 Like

This always throws me off. I do wish there was a way to reset it so C3 lines up with external gear that has C3 set to 0.

I don’t think that can be done on the DT

1 Like

Unfortunately can’t.

Think this changed with firmware 1.30 since they added more range on the tune parameter. I think the default used to be C3

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s exactly the answer I was looking for. I didn’t reconized that this has changed since the update. It’s a pity that the standard C value cannot be set.