Digitakt songmode: SPP not syncing to DAW or Multitrack

I just can’t figure this out guys. Apart from successfully start/syncing a song from the beginning the DT’s (songmode) Arranger doesn’t seem to be able to transmit or receive SPP messages anywhere else on the timeline. One would think so, but I can’t get it working. Any ideas? Is it a bug?

For example, If your DT was slaved to a DAW and you wanted to play back a song from a specific point, the DAW could send a SPP message so that the DT is ready to start playing an arrangement from the correct (row) position when Play is pressed on the DAW. But the DT doesn’t receive the SPP message as of right now.

Similarly, when using an old school tape/sync device such as a JL Cooper PPS-1 the Digitakt being slaved to a multitrack recorder vis FSK and you wanted to playback a song from a specific point on the striped multitrack, the multitrack recorder should be able to send a SPP message so the DT is ready to start playing an arrangement from the correct (row) position when Play is pressed on the multitrack, but the DT doesn’t receive any SPP message via FSK.

I’m stumped as to why it’s not working. If anyone has got it working, please chime in!!
On the other hand, it’s great to be able to sync start my DT to my Tascam M16,

There’s no SPP support on any Elektron afaict

I think a lot of us would be grateful if SPP was supported by Elektron.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Cheers.

1 Like

Sound like a very useful feature !

Monomachine and Machinedrum have (weak) SPP support.

It’s ironic because those had complex nest-able multi-row loops and random jump commands, so while Elektron did their best, the machines would quickly lose the ability to update the position from SPP.

It should be much easier to implement on the newer song mode devices which have deterministic looping and no jump commands.

2 Likes

Rytm and OT respond to SPP, I haven’t tested with AK properly

DT does not respond when I tried

1 Like

Hey cool, I appreciate knowing SPP works on some of the Elektron gear. So I think it must be possible to implement it on the DT, DN, ST now. I’m kinda surprised it wasn’t just part of the song mode update actually.
I’ve feature requested it in an email to Elektron.

1 Like

Just got a ST to got with my DT and the lack of SPP support was a bit surprising as the Rytm has it I kind of expected it. :slight_smile:

SPP support (send and receive) would be lovely when working with song mode on multiple devices as well as when syncing to a DAW.

1 Like