Digitakt stereo separation issues?

Ok, I’m stumped and wondering if something is wrong with my Digitakt.

I can’t hear any left/right separation in my Digitakt, neither in the headphones nor in the left/right outputs going to my audio interface. I have dug into the settings but I feel like I’m missing something.

But I have also heard about people having faulty units with problematic output jacks. Any tips welcome. Thanks!

What do you mean exactly? For example, if you pan a sound left or right on the Amp page, you can’t hear it move from the centre to one side or the other? Or are you expecting stereo sounds by recording stereo sources into a mono sampler? Ping pong delay not working? Etc etc

2 Likes

Check the audio is not routed to USB.
That caught me out once

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I cannot hear a sound panning when I pan it on the Amp page. I also can’t hear any stereo ping pong in the delay when I switch that on. This is using headphones directly in the DT as well as in my focusrite interface which has a left/right input.

I know about the sampler summing to mono, which is not the issue. It’s just the outputs.

1 Like

Some interface monitor via headphones mono although they can act as stereo DACs - kind of a BS thing if you ask me.

• Have you tried tracking the DT into the DAW and check the stereo?

• Using the headphones from the DT, have you tried multiple headphones, adapters, etc?

• Is the DT [L/R out] not accidentally [L/Headphones out]? (I did that at a show once… not my proudest moment…)

• If you’re using a mixer with mono ins, do you have them panned hard L/R?

Not saying you’re not having a problem, just offering some troubleshooting ideas!

4 Likes