Digitakt sync issue

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem with my Digitakt.
The machine is updated with the latest version of OS 1.30B and Overbridge is also updated to interface it to the daw.

The Digitakt works well, the big problem is that, once the drum machine is interfaced via Overbridge to Cubase 10.5 pro, the bpm on its display randomly changes by +0.5 +1 or -0.5 -1! There is no way to stop the bpm at the value set on the daw! But how is this possible?
A guy on YouTube explains that he solved it by removing the external sync from the appropriate setting on Overbridge, I tried but nothing has changed.

Whenever I try to record the Digitakt sounds on Cubase I waste a lot of time, the beats changing speed during the recording and I have to do a hard job of “cutting and sewing” to restore everything that was recorded.
Please, can anyone help me?

This is the my pc configuration:

Windows 11
Core Intel i7-8700K 3.7GHz 8th gen
Ram 16gb DDR4 HyperX 3200 MHz
Mobo ASRock Z370 Extreme 4
Samsung SSD
Nvidia gpu
Cubase 10.5 Pro

Thanks to everyone.

Dave

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with Digitakt and overbridge(tho, I haven’t installed the latest OB that was released with Syntakt)

Its so weird- a4 plays in time, Digitakt doesn’t- I felt like I was losing my mind

1 Like

Damn…this is a really bad issue, I’m very afraid for it, we need a fast solution! I hope soon
There’s someone here with the same problem? mmm…I think yes

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m thinking of the same issue as you, but in Reaper, I get the same small fluctuations in BPM on my Digitakt when recording stuff. I chalk that up to the DAW just pinging my Digitakt with clock and the DT just does averages to come up with the BPM. I can’t say I’ve noticed anything getting off, but then again I make very basic things with static BPM.

What I’ve done sometimes to calm my nerves about it though is to manually set the BPM of the pattern, turn off Clock Receive in the Sync setting on the DT, and leave Transport Receive on, that way the pattern starts when I hit record in the DAW.

I have not updated to the latest OB that came out with ST nor am I on Windows 11 yet, so perhaps your issue is something entirely different than I’m picturing.

1 Like

This one might be related, 3x Overbridge, Digitakt delayed:

It seems to be mainly a DT problem.
Completely different machine even, that topic is about a Mac Mini M1.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply…yes, this is the same problem on different daw

Thanks! I had read this thread, maybe same issue, I start to think it is a manufacturing defect of the DTs, but I don’t understand how the problem can go unnoticed on such an expensive machine like the DT… Elektron can’t do anything to fix it?

Disable the DT as a clock destination in Cubase’s sync settings (Transport > Project Sync Setup) - you don’t need to send the DT any sync info from Cubase as Overbridge handles all of that.

On the DT plugin set as Sync: Clock+Transport.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will try it as soon as possible :pray:

Problem solved!

Thanks @Kenneth for the big and fast support! :+1: :pray:
Thanks to everyone for the tips!

2 Likes

Your welcome :wink:
Send you I pm about Ob and multitracking in cubase

1 Like