Digitakt + Synth Recording?

It’s been months since I’ve used the DT and I’m really looking forward to getting back into it.

I currently have a MicroMonsta and I’m not sure how to get the best flexibility with all the options.

Personally I don’t use OBridge because it does not print with the FX and triggers I already set in the DT.

I have actually never used the sequencer for external midi on the DT. The part that confuses me is how my audio interface comes in all of this - do I use the inputs for the OUTS on the DT? or do I completely use the DT as the interface in ableton and record?

I know how to use the sequencer but have got no idea how to maybe also sequence a VST to play a bassline at the same time

The FX are send FX (meaning by increasing the reverb send on a track on DT you are simply sending its signal to the reverb FX), not per track so naturally you need to record them separately. Which you can do by muting all individual tracks from going to the main out except the send fx (settings->audio routing and then select ‘to main’ and mute all audio tracks’). Then you can record the FX on the main output within OB:)
Not sure what you mean by triggers. Midi wise true, but audio wise it’s recorded of course :slight_smile:

Regarding midi sequencing and audio:

You can use a midi track on DT to sequence MM and route the audio out from MM into the external input of the DT. FUNC + LFO on DT a few times, will bring you to the external audio mixer where you can set input volumes, panning and send its signal to the send FX as well.

Using DT via OB or as an audio interface, you can then record all individual tracks of DT (mono), send fx on main out (stereo) and the input (stereo).

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

PS. Same story for sequencing a VST really. When connected to your computer via USB you can send midi to your DAW. Just make sure you go to midi config on DT, port config and set midi out to midi+USB or just USB when not using midi din.

2 Likes

So is panning also a send then ?

the only way to save panning in the daw is to use separate FX track, right ? Or either do track by track which is more effective as effects/panning are individual that way. Also, with that, overbridge is useless, don’t you think ?