Digitakt + synthesizer via midi - question

Hi,

I would like to ask you a setup question.

I have connected a Korg Monologue to my Digitakt via a midi-hub. I have managed to create a midi-track to control the Monologue, which is great, and also to control what sound is played on the Monologue. However, when I set up another midi-track for the same synth, the same sound is played on both racks. Is it possible to have different sounds on different tracks or is this just an unrealistic wish from my side?

Thank you!

No, it’s not possible with the Monologue since it is not multitimbral.

1 Like

If the synth is multitimbral, then yes you can have different sounds on different tracks. (Elektron Digitone, Analogue 4, Waldorf Blofeld are a few examples of multitimbral synths)

However, as the Korg Monologue is not multitimbral, then I’m afraid its an unrealistic wish :slight_smile:

That said, nothing is stopping you from sampling any sounds you like, having the digitakt play those samples, while you use the midi track to play the Monologue in real time.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

If you just want to change the sound/program/preset/whatever-you-call-played on the Monologue, you can send program change from DT to Monologue. This way, you can alternate sounds.
It is also really interesting to p-lock program changes, try it :slight_smile:

1 Like