Digitakt track length

Hey everyone, is that possible to have different tracks length on digitakt? I tried with the scale option but I can only “zoom” tracks.
Thanks for your response :slight_smile:

Yes, you can.
Pressing Fn+Page you should see the pattern length page, from there if you press Fn+Yes you can switch to length per track, that means every track can have its own length.
Is this what you mean?

2 Likes

Is what I’d like to do, like polyrhythms stuff, but for some reason when I change the length of 1 pattern it’s doesn’t work like intended…

In what way?
What is your intention?

Polyrhythm or Polymeter ? They’re often confused.

In the scale menu, press FUNC+YES to switch to per track mode.
Also make sure that the m.LeN is set to infinite and ch.LEN to something other then off.

M.Len resets all tracks after x steps
Ch.Len is the amount of steps it takes to switch to a next triggered pattern. If you leave this off while mlen is set to infinite you cannot change patterns anymore.

6 Likes

Handy Master Length calculator :

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

Your explanation helps, but I’m still not clear on how it works,
let’s say… I have m.LeN set to infinite in my 64-step patterns in DN, so the sequences never reset, but when i launch the next pattern from DT (patterns with 64 steps too) the DN pattern enters later,

I have tried to put in Ch.Len, 64 , 2, 16… as you say, “something other then off” but the result is always the same, the patterns triggered in DN, enter later than those of DT.

Could you tell me what value i should put in Ch.Len, so that the patterns always enter at the same time?

Thanks.

1 Like

That is in fact a known issue. One of the reasons I never use program changes. I just trigger manually on each box (also gives one more freedom :wink: )
What you can do is use a midi track on DT and parameter lock a program change message into the sequencer one step before the change. That will solve the issue.

4 Likes

Not to be “that guy” but it is possible to change patterns with the M.Len set to INF and CH.Len set to off. When this is the setting and you trigger a pattern change then nothing happens (Pattern goes blinky blinky back and forth forever) but if you do the STOP + PLAY reset move then your pattern will change. Kinda of a hand thing if you are jamming and you know you where you want your pattern to go but not when.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a useful thing in any case when designing multiple patterns for quick switching. :slight_smile:

1 Like