Digitakt Update from 1.04v to 1.40

Hello everyone. I hope this post finds you well.

I have a question in regards to the Digitakt I hope you can help me with.

I have a Digitakt and want to update from the loaded 1.04 version to the latest 1.40. In addition, I also want to complete all updates for overbridge.

I tried today to locate software leading up to 1.40 online, but was unable to find anything @ Elektron official or at www.elektronauts.com. I should add that most of the OS update links listed here on EA forum are dead or removed.

I understand I have to use sysex update between versions 1.04 to 1.20. And from there I can perform the now usual routine up to 1.40.

Do anyone have knowledge of where I can access the information and software I need? In regards to the updates, what does Elektron recommend: To complete all updates 1.04 - 1.40 individually, or go from directly from 1.04 to 1.20, and then to 1.40?

I assume as there are bug fixes etc. in each update that selecting individually 1.04 - 1.40 would be the best?

Thank you.

You can try the C6 software found halfway down here - Support & Downloads for Machinedrum UW | Elektron but it’s 32bit only and won’t work on modern macs.

No need to increment, just jump straight to the most recent.

Thank you for the input. I am using the recent Elektron Transfer 1.5 for updates plus USB.

Short update. I found ver 1.10 on my back up drive. Updated succesfully to this edition.

Downloaded the 1.40 edition and did a Sysex update from 1.10.

Installation was successful, but on re-start the machine froze and in the bottom left corner a ‘F’ was displayed, right corner 1.40.

Made a restart, seems everything is working at the moment.

1 Like