Digitakt USB audio on a Macbook pro

I’m running into the following issue.

Without running any DAW why can’t MacOS route audio from Digitakt to Macbook speakers out? The input signal is clearly coming in. But when I select Macbook speakers as the output there is no sound coming out. If I use a DAW no problem. But that’s not my use case now.

I would guess you are not selecting routing options but instead chosing the devices that your Mac should use for recording and playback.

If you select your Digitone as your input and output device then apps that use a microphone (like a video call app) would “see” your Digitone as the microphone.

Similarly, if you play something on YouTube then you would hear that from the Digitone (via connecting headphones or speakers).

1 Like

You’ve correctly selected the digitakt as an input device, but you still need an app to actually route the input signal to your output.

For example, without an app, your built-in microphone does not just automatically route everything it picks up to your speakers.

I don’t have my macbook on hand, but if you don’t want to use a DAW you might be able to listen to the incoming audio with QuickTime player -> New Audio Recording.

3 Likes

That makes total sense. Thanks