Digitakt "usb device not recognised"

Usb devicce not recognised.

Windows 10. I’ve been trying to fix this for over a month now with no luck. I have tried all the “fixes” from other fourms and videos.
Reinstalled windows 10 pro with latest updates still no luck.

Digitakt is now running the latest beta. Overbridge to the latest version.

I just installed a pervious version of w10 to 2017 i believe thinking maybe some new updates are preventing it from connecting but still i am getting the same error.

The digitakt connects to my old pc which is using w7. That is where i was able to use c6 to update the digitakt OS. But i cannot use OB on it becvause of its specs.

I am really stumped as to what the issue here is… It has clearly got something to do with windows 10 or else my actual hardware on my laptop as i said previously it connects fine to my pc on w7.

How could it be that with a fresh instal of w10 that it is not working? and how has this not been a bigger issue with other people. It has my head fried this past month with trying to get it to work. Everything on the digitakt seems fine like iver tried usb to midi only and so on so forth.

Any tips would be helpful. ive heard something about the asio drivers and graphics cause problems but im not sure.

please help.

check out how to clear your registry of USB devices, windows has a max.
also swap usb cables and make sure you have Digitalkt in Ovebridge Mode

Hey @mrjon0728, I just had the same issue… Did you manage to solve it? This is driving me nuts! All of a sudden it just stopped recognising DT and DN…

Try different USB ports on your computer. Try a different USB cable in different ports. Fixes my problems like this 90% of the time.

yea ive had that happen a few times over the past week. turning DT off & on a few times worked for me. was recognised the 2nd or 3rd time. I’m using a dodgy old printer cable.

hey, i ended up selling it because of this issue. The amount of time i’ve tried different things it never worked.

I would love to know eventually how to solve it or maybe mine was a little faulty. Who knows, you decide!

@Hlecktro , @pidgeo Thank you for replying! Yes i tried switching cables, usb ports, unisntalled numerous times the drivers from the Device Manager so that windows should reinstall the information coming from DT and DN automaticaly when plugged in.

This is very weird, other devices, phones, external disks work fine. Also the boxes worked fine until 2 days ago where i plugged DT in while it was on and got the error message and from there on windows stopped recognizing the devices.

Are there files on the registry that are kept there as a log so that windows keeps a record of things that went wrong and keeps dealing the same way with the device that it remembers(?) Shoundnt those log files be erased when uninstalling devices and usb drivers(?) If not how can i know which files correspond to the elektron devices on the registry editor(?). Also why does it happen to DN too, it wasnt the device that got the error in the first place(?)

The problem must be somekind of faulty signal that came from DT and afterwards every signal coming from an elektron box gets treated the same way.

What i could do but is troublesome is format the pc and reinstalling everything…

oh i see, sad that you had to sell it! I ll let you know if i figure it out!

Can I ask what power supply you are using to run the Digitakt?

It sounds strange, but I had a similar situation with my Digitone not being recognised over USB… I was running it from a generic 12v supply… I switched to the Elektron supply and it worked fine.

of course! yes i use elektron ones. and i have them plugged in the same electrical outlet as before. I also wondered if it was current related, but im not so sure since everything is as it was previously connected…

I had no problem in getting my Dn and Dt working with Ob on Win 10

Could you gave us some hardware info about the pc/laptop you are using

Did you check for example if there is an update of your bios etc etc

Whelp. Sounds like one of those “Time to reformat windows” kind of problems.

Windows: ERROR.
User: What’s the problem?
Windows: IDK MAN. JUST “ERROR”.
User: Could you be more specific?
Windows: ERROR. Would you like help on topic “ERROR”?
User: Yes
Microsoft Website: We couldn’t find any help topics on “ERROR”. Was this helpful?
User: No

2 Likes

I dont know the specs as ive changed pc’s but i can remember it defiantly met the recommended system requirements for OB.

Yes i checked bios also. I spent quite a while trying to think of everything. But…

And you got it working on the new pc or what?

Ok most decent pc specs are ok to runOb
I was referring to wich mobo wich usb chipset on the mobo and so on

Hahah! Exactly right!