Digitakt using SP-404mk2 FX

Hi,
Couldn’t find any info regarding this. I’m using my DT and DN via USB Overbridge. Like this workflow, now I own a SP-404MK2, which is standing in the corner collecting dust. Interested in how to connect and setup the DT or DN audio to the SP as a send and still use the Overbridge function. Mean reason, send audio out of the DT or DN to use the SP’s FX back in the DT/DN. DT/DN/SP setting and connections? Thanks

Sounds like you are already on the right path. Just send audio out of DT or DN into 404’s fx, then out of the 404 and into the DT or DN audio inputs. You should be able to record the audio inputs as a separate DAW track.

any setting i should think of in DN/DN? or even in the SP? not getting any sound out of the SP’s FX. i’ll look into those separates audio tracks in Live…

There are a few places here where something could happen. I would start trouble shooting at the beginning. Make sure you have audio coming out of DT/DN, then check that you have audio coming out of 404, then check on the DT/DN that you can hear the audio coming into those inputs, then hook it up to your computer and check that you can get it into your computer through Overbridge.

If you can nail down at exactly which stage the issue is occurring, it will be easier to find the solution.

This would be super easy if you had a mixer with send and returns. Otherwise, you could either send DN through DT (or vise versa) and into the SP, or send audio out of your computer to the SP.

Sorry, just noticed you said DN or DT.
Either way, without send and return, you’d probably save yourself a headache by just not using Overbridge and send either device through the SP, using the SP as an audio interface to your DAW.

yes, i’ll try to use the SP in a different way, i like the OB mode on the DT/DN.
as external FX in Live, but I’m maxed out on my Audio interface, so a mixer it is…

thanks

1 Like

not sure how this could work with OB and the audio over usb, as i’m trying to get the audio out via audio jacks as well to the SP to get the FX back into the DT/DN. Skipping OB or using the SP as external FX true my AI is the only solution i can come up with