Digitakt Won't Power Up (Black screen when powered on)

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately this is my first post as a Digitakt user haha. Bought one second hand a few days ago. Worked fine the night i got it. Yesterday while i was updating from 1.11 to 1.40 via sysex my power went out and turned my studio off momentarily while it was on the “Updating… do not power off screen”

As of right now, its bricked with a black screen and wont turn on anymore ;\ (Anyone have experience with bringing it back from the dead?)

Ive tried various things to see if what i found online would work.

• Waiting(Various times, 2 min, 5 min, 1 hour, plugging in and out, leaving the power switch on for a few mins, etc)
    I hear an audible noise when i switch it on with headphones so im pretty sure the power supply still works.

Hopefully there is a solution other than sending it in for repair.
Thank you Elekreonauts! All the best.

• Devoye

Not sure if will help but you can try starting it in Start Up Menu mode, hold the FUNC trig as you power it on. If it works, from there you can go into test mode as well as doing a factory reset. Otherwise I would submit a ticket to Elekron.se and explain the issue. Hope you manage to get it sorted!

2 Likes

Unfortunately the screen wont even turn on. Started a ticket with support and i thnk ill be sending it in for a repair. Hopefully it doesn’t break the bank too bad!